My life flashed before my eyes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NigC

Probably the scariest moment in the 21 months (wow, has it really been that long) since I started cycling regularly: I got overtaken by a silver BMW driven by..... my wife :sad::eek::smile:

It's an experience I never want to repeat :thumbsup:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
HAHAHAHA! at least you have lived to tell the tale.

OP
OP
N

NigC

I wonder how the insurance claim would go if she run me down..... she's a named driver on my insurance :sad::smile:

marinbearvalley

NigC said:
Probably the scariest moment in the 21 months (wow, has it really been that long) since I started cycling regularly: I got overtaken by a silver BMW driven by..... my wife :smile::eek::thumbsup:

Wanted you to confirm that the indicators weren't working?? :sad:

Norm

My wife came past me today on the way home from picking the kids up. I was worried about her going into the ditch opposite she had given me so much room.

For once, though, I didn't mind so much kids hanging out of a car and shouting at me. ;)

OP
OP
N

NigC

Norm said:
My wife came past me today on the way home from picking the kids up. I was worried about her going into the ditch opposite she had given me so much room.

For once, though, I didn't mind so much kids hanging out of a car and shouting at me. :laugh:

Yeah, it's not so bad in this case :biggrin:

I had my daughter sticking her tongue out at me :biggrin:

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Hehe, I scared my dad recently. He's a painter and decorator in a big white van so I shouted 'Bloody van drivers!' as I passed him. He turned round ready to shout before clocking me. He'd given me lots of space but it was worth it for the look of shock.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
just came to this thread.. clicked it open and thought it was Vernon at first.. have we got duplicate avatars going on then...?

OP
OP
N

NigC

ianrauk said:
just came to this thread.. clicked it open and thought it was Vernon at first.. have we got duplicate avatars going on then...?

No. He may have been here before me, but mine's a self-portrait, his is just a picture of Shrek ;)

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I've cycled at a fair pace up to an ASL before, just near home (the one in my vid where a Merc driver overtakes pointlessly (and badly) as I'm doing 20+mph and the lights are red)... only to hear a car approaching from behind and then beeping at me. :smile:

I was turning around to scowl at them for beeping for no reason... only to see my Wife waving at me. She nearly got a naughty gesture before I clocked who it was! :smile::biggrin:

Top Bottom