My love of cycling has increased

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
Is it me or does the summer weather increase the enjoyment of cycling?

Today on the way to work, the weather was good, my legs were strong, I was climbing hills good, I was beating cars in slow moving traffic, avoiding pot holes.

Got off my bike at work. Kissed the steam of the bike to say thank you for the safe journey.

I could never get rid of my bike.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nope, I enjoy my cycling all year round.

sazzaa

I was actually too warm today. But yes, the love comes out in full force when it's sunny. I think sunshine and about 12 degrees makes it prefect for me.

Lincov

I love it all the time though it felt especially good on Sunday in the beautiful weather, exploring our amazing countryside. I agree with sazzaa that slightly cooler days are best.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Got off my bike at work. Kissed the steam of the bike to say thank you for the safe journey.
I could never get rid of my bike.
Awww!!! :wub:
I lovingly dried mine out, then took his sister for the next errand, as one soaking per bike per day is enough, too much water is bad for them.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Summer weather?
It's pi$$ing it down up here!

Rained quite heavy on the commute home last night, but was very refreshing as it was very hot today. Very enjoyable ride.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Nope, I enjoy my cycling all year round.
I second that :smile:. I'm enjoying these cold Winter mornings down under, I only regret there's not more rain and mist. When you live in a country that can get pretty dry, you appreciate rain more.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
it is nice to be out in this weather and yes compared to the dull, damp grey chill I've put up with for months now, I'm a happier rider ATM, but I do love the crisp challenge of winter, snow and my country park bit of early morning commute are happiness personified for me

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I cycle all year round but yes summer has it's advantages. The main one for me being the light nights as i can go out for a ride after work and not have to skive off work to ride during the daylight hours. I do cycle in the dark but you can't beat a nice summer's evening ride!
My legs ache a little during the warmer weather whereas in the cold they're fine,does anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I love warm weather and sunshine but I find I tend to overheat. Bugs and grit fly into your eyes and nose and mouth. I think I prefer Autumn and Spring really, but I quite like Winter too.

Summer's over-rated.

Top Bottom