My love of cycling has increased

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
As long as its dry im happy - cold, wind, sun i can handle. But i hates the wet stuff

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Is it me or does the summer weather increase the enjoyment of cycling?

Today on the way to work, the weather was good, my legs were strong, I was climbing hills good, I was beating cars in slow moving traffic, avoiding pot holes.

Got off my bike at work. Kissed the steam of the bike to say thank you for the safe journey.

I could never get rid of my bike.
Oh your so right. Yes, riding all year is a good, although sometimes challenging experience, but, there's something about an early morning summer ride that reminds you just how brilliant it is to be alive and kicking spinning.
I also think the above thread is probably one of the most sensible ones you've started to date :smile:. Sorry, :blush: that just sort of slipped out ;)

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
Oh your so right. Yes, riding all year is a good, although sometimes challenging experience, but, there's something about an early morning summer ride that reminds you just how brilliant it is to be alive and kicking spinning.
I also think the above thread is probably one of the most sensible ones you've started to date :smile:. Sorry, :blush: that just sort of slipped out ;)
I will try and keep it up ^_^

Crankarm

Guru

Today on the way to work, the weather was good, my legs were strong, I was climbing hills good, I was beating cars in slow moving traffic, avoiding pot holes.

Got off my bike at work. Kissed the steam of the bike to say thank you for the safe journey.

Is your bike that hot, were you riding that fast :eek:?!

When the temperature gets to 27-28C it will be about perfect. All those who are now saying they prefer winter riding - bollox you do. It is grim - cold, wet and many hours of darkness does not equal fun imho. Summer or what passes for summer here is infinitely better for riding. For those saying it is now too hot which it isn't, take some layers off.

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
Is your bike that hot, were you riding that fast :eek:?!

When the temperature gets to 27-28C it will be about perfect. All those who are now saying they prefer winter riding - bollox you do. It is grim - cold, wet and many hours of darkness does not equal fun imho. Summer or what passes for summer here is infinitely better for riding. For those saying it is now too hot which it isn't, take some layers off.
It's all about show respect

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Another all weather/all year cyclist here. I enjoy winter cycling more than the summer.
Yep. You can always add more layers in Winter. Once you overheat in Summer you are scuppered. My favourite audax is the Windrush Winter Warm-up, which always seems to be on Superbowl Sunday at the beginning of February. Usually freezing cold, but you generate your own heat. Love it (so long as it is dry).

AlanT82

It does for me. First commute of the year wearing shorts for me today though the weather forecast for the return journey is a bit iffy :rain:

Mr Foldy

You are on to something. A calm day, some nice weather. Then all your crap weather efforts pay off and you are fit and making it look easy. So far in Scotland though I haven't had many good days this year.

Leaway2

Lycrist
I have to say yes me too. Jan Feb was so wet, looking out in the morning to see anther wet ride did start to grind me down a bit. This morning, the short sleeve Movistar top was was on, passing all the cars queued on Hale road at the roadworks. Fab.

outlash

also available in orange
All those who are now saying they prefer winter riding - bollox you do. It is grim - cold, wet and many hours of darkness does not equal fun imho. .

There's a lot to like about riding in winter, especially the lack of pretend racer team sky wannabes who only come out when 21 or above and bone dry. Didn't the salesman tell them their cervelos can be ridden when it wet and that their rapha does wash out well?
I personally like riding all year round as you get to see the changing seasons, there's always something different to see.

Tony.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's a lot to like about riding in winter, especially the lack of pretend racer team sky wannabes who only come out when 21 or above and bone dry. Didn't the salesman tell them their cervelos can be ridden when it wet and that their rapha does wash out well?
I personally like riding all year round as you get to see the changing seasons, there's always something different to see.

Tony.

A cycling chum I do know who rides all year round rides a Cervelo and wears Rapha. He is certainly no fair weather cyclist. In fact I would hazard a guess he does more cycling then most, including you :thumbsup:

Don't ya love stereotypes?

jayonabike