My mum suggested...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
buggi said:
well, not a lot of training actually. London to Paris is in July so i start training in about March/April. First long ride in April (60 miles) and build it up. i do however cycle to work (17 miles) if the weather is mild over the winter, just to keep the legs turning.

Update on feeling lonely

well, i'm not actually looking for a fella believe it or not. i think the reason i'm lonely is lack of mates, not lack of fella. i only have a couple around here (bad relationship break up 5 years ago, left a life behind and all that malarky) and the ones i've got left are married/with kids which means nites out and holidays are hard to come by. i'm not usually down about living on my own but i think when i get bored i get down.

anyway... i did what my mum suggested and currently have 12 (!!!!) new potential penpals. not bad for 24 hours work ha ha.

and something really cheered me up today. the guy i split up with a year ago (and possibly the one love of my life) got in touch today. he saw someone that looked like me and he thought of me... but she didn't have my legs... and do i want to come round for a cuppa?

well, what a surprise... NOT... i recognise this pattern, it's happened twice before in our 4 and a half year relationship, 3 times devastated. first comes the nice texts and then comes the invite for a cuppa and then comes the "i miss you" talk. Well you know?... what... let the F*cker beg coz i just realised i'm not that lonely after all, i was just having an off day.

o yea, what did he say one of his reasons for cheating was? o yea, i remember, he likes sex.

Well what the feck were we doing EVERY times he came over??? i must have been miseducated. W@nker

Get him told:evil:

Mr Phoebus

buggi said:
he saw someone that looked like me and he thought of me... but she didn't have my legs... and do i want to come round for a cuppa?

Do you have to wear prosthetic limbs, then?

Mr Phoebus

I once went out with a woman who had a prosthetic leg.
The one night she was feeling a bit amorous and so I suggested
she go upstairs and lay on the bed and spread her legs wide.
A few moments later I went into the bedroom to find her lying on the bed
and she'd put the limb on the dressing table.
I said: "No, not THAT f**king wide!!!"

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
That sounds like a joke from Roy "Chubby" Brown

Mr Phoebus said:
I once went out with a woman who had a prosthetic leg.
The one night she was feeling a bit amorous and so I suggested
she go upstairs and lay on the bed and spread her legs wide.
A few moments later I went into the bedroom to find her lying on the bed
and she'd put the limb on the dressing table.
I said: "No, not THAT f**king wide!!!"

RedBike

well, not a lot of training actually. London to Paris is in July so i start training in about March/April. First long ride in April (60 miles) and build it up. i do however cycle to work (17 miles) if the weather is mild over the winter, just to keep the legs turning.

In just 3/4 months you can go from 17miles to 150 a day for three days running- Wow!!

I've now book marked your blogg and will (if I remember) be avidly following it next year.

- I was going to put this post in a PM (private message) but I'm too thick to work out how you send them!

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
this year i didn't do ANY training, except for 60 miles in April, few miles a day to work and then on 11th May was doing my first 100 and came off, broke my collar bone, and then the next time i was on the bike was london to paris in July !! still managed it tho, but i must admit the 2nd day i was just about ready to jack it in. it was 30 degrees, no wind, no cloud to give a break from the beating sunshine and i was bonking at 30 mile mark dying at the thought that i had another 60 to do that day. nearly had to get on the van.

think if i hadn't done it the year before and known it was physically possible i would have called it a day, but i knew if i just kept turning the pedals i would get there eventually.

Top Bottom