My mum suggested...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

those days are few and far between during the winter, we all live so far apart and i love it when the team get together. really down to earth guys, up for a laugh. must update that blog at some time.

Perhaps you could update your blogg instead of getting a pen-pal?

I would actually quite like to know how you go about training over winter for something like the LtP (London to Paris).

http://www.trio25.blogspot.com/

Arch

Married to Night Train
postman said:
Enjoy being single.Look at the freedom.You are not someone elses other half.You are a whole you.Rejoice in that.

With respect Postman, and I know you're a very cheerful chappy and all that, but that sort of remark is not what you want to hear when you're single and lonely - it ranks up there with "it's not you, it's me" and "plenty more fish in the sea!"

Buggi, I know how you're feeling. I cleaned my kitchen yesterday too... Still, you have your ferrets....

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
buggi said:
i've just reached that stage where all my friends are settled, getting married/got married, having kids and not available to come out and play :sad:

and i've got no one special to play with either at the moment :sad:

i'm bored. :sad:
Is it just me that got slightly aroused by that comment?

Guess so.

Sorry all!! :birthday::blush::ohmy:

:biggrin:;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sittingduck said:
Do penpals still exists in this day & age?
Funnily enough, I accidentally found myself a penpal on a dating agency about 7 years ago! We liked the look of each others' profiles, but not necessarily in a sexy romantic kind of way. I just thought that she seemed interesting and the kind of woman I'd get on with so I emailed her. Even though she only lives about 10 miles from me, it was over 3 years before I met her or even asked for her telephone number. We just exchanged emails on a regular basis so we were effectively cyber-penpals.

Eventually we did meet and sure enough - we get on really well, but just as mates. She comes over from time to time and we go walking or cycling together and I often make us a meal afterwards. Even now, our primary communication is by email even though we have each others' phone numbers. We got into the habit of writing and it's actually nice in an old-fashioned kind of way. We just don't have to wait for letters to be delivered...

She was probably the first real female friend I had. Before that, I'd always believed in what 'Harry' said:
  • Sally: We are just going to be friends, OK?

Harry: Great, friends. It's the best thing... You realize, of course, that we can never be friends.

Sally: Why not?

Harry: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape, or form - is that men and women can't be friends, because the sex part always gets in the way.

Sally: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.

Harry: No, you don't.

Sally: Yes, I do.

Harry: No, you don't.

Sally: Yes, I do.

Harry: You only think you do.

Sally: You're saying I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?

Harry: No, what I'm saying is they all want to have sex with you.

Sally: They do not.

Harry: Do too.

Sally: They do not.

Harry: Do too.

Sally: How do you know?

Harry: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.

Sally: So you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive.

Harry: No, you pretty much want to nail them, too.

Sally: What if they don't want to have sex with you?

Harry: Doesn't matter, because the sex thing is already out there, so the friendship is ultimately doomed, and that is the end of the story.

Sally: Well, I guess we're not gonna be friends, then.

Harry: Guess not.

Sally: That's too bad. You were the only person that I knew in New York.

My stepdaughter has become a penpal of someone waiting on 'death row' in the USA. It isn't something that I'd like to do (I wouldn't be able to forget why they were there), but I can see that it might be rewarding to help a stranger through a difficult time.

cyclenic

Pen pal

I think a pen pal is a lovely idea, though i have no idea how you would go about it?

ferrets sound cool.

My advice for finding a fella, is to stop looking. I have no idea about your dating situation, but it helped me, I gave up activly trying to go on dates and looking for a chap (ok i had only been trying 6 months, but got bored of it) and met my chap through a work situation.

Maybe get in touch with your old friends, i'm sure someone would like to meet up.

meet up with the team, (though again i have no idea what your on about, who are the team?)

How about the Pub? or dating web site, like has been suggested.

Is there anyone on here you chat with over PM's?
or does anyone want to be your pen pal? maybe there is someone else in a similar situation who could do with a friend?

Hope i'm helping x

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
RedBike said:
Perhaps you could update your blogg instead of getting a pen-pal?

I would actually quite like to know how you go about training over winter for something like the LtP (London to Paris).

well, not a lot of training actually. London to Paris is in July so i start training in about March/April. First long ride in April (60 miles) and build it up. i do however cycle to work (17 miles) if the weather is mild over the winter, just to keep the legs turning.

Update on feeling lonely

well, i'm not actually looking for a fella believe it or not. i think the reason i'm lonely is lack of mates, not lack of fella. i only have a couple around here (bad relationship break up 5 years ago, left a life behind and all that malarky) and the ones i've got left are married/with kids which means nites out and holidays are hard to come by. i'm not usually down about living on my own but i think when i get bored i get down.

anyway... i did what my mum suggested and currently have 12 (!!!!) new potential penpals. not bad for 24 hours work ha ha.

and something really cheered me up today. the guy i split up with a year ago (and possibly the one love of my life) got in touch today. he saw someone that looked like me and he thought of me... but she didn't have my legs... and do i want to come round for a cuppa?

well, what a surprise... NOT... i recognise this pattern, it's happened twice before in our 4 and a half year relationship, 3 times devastated. first comes the nice texts and then comes the invite for a cuppa and then comes the "i miss you" talk. Well you know?... what... let the F*cker beg coz i just realised i'm not that lonely after all, i was just having an off day.

o yea, what did he say one of his reasons for cheating was? o yea, i remember, he likes sex.

Well what the feck were we doing EVERY times he came over??? i must have been miseducated. W@nker

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
worse... arsenal.

if/when he asks (and now i so hope he does) i will say...

"how are you gonna fix these 3 things...

the fact that you shagged around thailand?

the fact that you told another woman and your mates we were just friends and "it wasn't like that" when i told them we was together?

the fact that you shagged 2 women from work, and you still work with them and you expect me to come back?"

if he answers satisfactorily i will then say... ok, put a ring on my finger and introduce me back to your family/friends as your fiance, and i will consider it.

if he does that i will say, "i've considered it, but its not working for me, see ya!... o yea, and cheers for the ring" ha ha ha ha

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
none of this he will do, but its a nice fantasy :evil:

yenrod

Buggi - its been a while and i was just wondering me being a discerning gentleman and the likes :evil: i've a lovely 'rose' (wine) n quality meal planned and i'd just like to know if you like to join me re-ignite past flames you can supply the match :biggrin:

Is this how it went Buggs or was is mooooooooore slimy ! after i get my cockworths..and then sleep with yetanother cheap slapper !

---------------------

I often wonder why women go for this :?:

Is is b'coz I was brought up by a lady ??????????? :becool:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
yenrod said:
Buggi - its been a while and i was just wondering me being a discerning gentleman and the likes ;) i've a lovely 'rose' (wine) n quality meal planned and i'd just like to know if you like to join me re-ignite past flames you can supply the match :?:

Is this how it went Buggs or was is mooooooooore slimy ! after i get my cockworths..and then sleep with yetanother cheap slapper !

---------------------

I often wonder why women go for this :?:

Is is b'coz I was brought up by a lady ??????????? :biggrin:

yea... i'll supply a match... after i've dowsed him in petrol :biggrin:

Top Bottom