My Nemesis...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
Joe24 said:
On your back wheel Joe!
I'll drop off this weekend though due to me not going on the club ride and not getting much in on saturday.
Be back at you next week!
;)
Ooooh and I'm having issues with my bike!
The weathers looking good so I'll definitely be getting out there (for epic mileage if I'm feeling it):biggrin:

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Bloody hellfire.

So I decide to do some extra miles to catch up with FFFF. I reckon on getting in twenty or so, so I toddle off up the country lanes - get lost, have a clipless moment and fall in cowsh*t outside a farm. Get directions and head back to the main road with my calf cramping and my legs all but refusing to push the pedals 'round any more.

On the upside, I've passed FFFF AND Keith, and now have only 209 miles to get in to catch Joe24.

This team'll be the death of me!

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Oh yeah, and on the way up Crewe Road, a dog that had escaped from someone's house sat down right in the way of traffic (stopping everything heading towards Crewe) and had a huge dump.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
John the Monkey said:
Bloody hellfire.

So I decide to do some extra miles to catch up with FFFF. I reckon on getting in twenty or so, so I toddle off up the country lanes - get lost, have a clipless moment and fall in cowsh*t outside a farm. Get directions and head back to the main road with my calf cramping and my legs all but refusing to push the pedals 'round any more.

On the upside, I've passed FFFF AND Keith, and now have only 209 miles to get in to catch Joe24.

This team'll be the death of me!

Now that's just plain sneaky :biggrin: Get you next week !

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Not quite as dramatic today - did my usual loop around Winterley Pool, then tried to go Elton Lane - Clay Lane - turns out this is a dead end, although I did get to have a quick look around some farms and try breathing midge again.

Oddest thing was the hail on the Manchester leg - that stuff stings at 20mph.

Quite pleased with getting near 20 for the homeward journey (19.44 miles all in). Not sure I can match the distances you're doing though FFFF.

Joe

Über Member
You may end up catching me joe24! I've broken my shifter and am stuck in the small chainring. So I'm limited to the commute only this week and will no doubt be spending bank holiday weekend fixing the bike rather than riding the bike:angry:

4F

John the Monkey. Got to take the poxy car in again tomorrow for the original fault to be repaired so its going to go down to the wire on Wednesday. The best I will get away with tomorrow is going to be a lunchtime ride :angry:

4F

And another thing has any one noticed Keith Oates is a time traveller ? He has already got one ride posted for May ! :angry::wacko:

mondobongo

Über Member
Just overtook Chuffy might be able to hold the position as unlikely he will be doing any audax's between now and Weds.

Keith Oates

Janner
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
And another thing has any one noticed Keith Oates is a time traveller ? He has already got one ride posted for May ! :biggrin::wacko:

I don't know how that happened but I can't remove it either, can anyone suggest how I can achieve the removal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a virtual beer for anyone who can tell us what special day the 8th May is in one part of the UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
My quest for extra mileage continues to put my life in danger - tried a different route into work today, and it's through lovely countryside (until one gets near to the airport).

However, the road is narrow, the route has several steep gradients (against the rider in this direction) and it's national speed limit all the way.

Hmm.

The weather was great, the scenery was lovely, but the stress isn't worth it for (as it turned out) one extra mile. Back to the old route tomorrow.

Top Bottom