My 'new' bike - the Millennium Falcon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, it's not new really, as it's all made up of old bits...

suesbike003.jpg

Built up for me by The Doctor, for using when I'm down at his place (how cute is this, the first items we left at each other places were toothbrushes and bikes....). Saves carryng it on the train each time (the bike, not the toothbrush).

Techy details coutesy of The Doc (don't ask me, I just ride it;)):

Frame - Ribble Winter frame, 7005 Alloy with ITM Carbon forks
Wheels - Shimano with Continental Top Touring 25 mm tyres
Gears - Shimano Sora front, Acera rear, with Shimano Revoshifters. RPM 50/34 compact chainset, 12-32 SRAM 7 speed rear cassette
Brakes - Shimano Sora Front, Tektro rear with somewhat cheap and cheerful levers

Most parts from the spares heap, car boot sales or Ebay.

All I know is, the first moment I got on it, she felt perfect. One or two tweaks of the position of the brake levers and the saddle, and that was it. And, my first bike with carbon anything! Eventually we might change the gears a bit, that big ring is a big leap up, I'll never use it. But it's fine for pootling about the lanes, pubs and teastops of Herts.

The name? All my bikes have names beginning with M, and I think it suits: she's a little rough and battered around the edges, but she's fast (well, she will be when I get fitter!)

It's always nice to have a new bike, but I can't think of a better reason for needing one!:biggrin: Thanks Doc!:smile:

domtyler

Über Member
Vomit, vomit, vomit! :smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Been a while since you got laid, eh Dom?

Never mind. :biggrin:;)

Ah, it's always nice when people find something positive to say, eh?

Lucky that, as usual, I don't much care what Dom thinks!:smile:

ACS

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
No, I think you smell a liberal dash of jealousy.... Dom wants that bike, he needs that bike, he just can't handle that bike. :smile:;)

Envy or jealousy an interesting question? Either way unhappiness is the only forward in this case!

Arch be happy and get the miles in.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
satans budgie said:
Envy or jealousy an interesting question? Either way unhappiness is the only forward in this case...
I'd never considered there to be a real difference between the two... but I now know better. :smile:

As SB says, enjoy the bike Arch. Perhaps another toothbrush (or two) is/are in order to assist with its cleaning. :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke

Both envy and jealously are often considered interchangable and my point was always to challange DomTylers motives. I think in context you were correct and I was not trying to undermine your response. If I have caused embarrassment I apologise.

Regards and respect

Andy

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
1. What's that thing on the handlebars?

2. Did you build his toothbrush at yours up from old parts on Ebay?

It's a bell in the shape of a teapot. A pressie from Tdr1nka, on the occasion of the Great Elephant Hunt (see Tea? passim). I have a small knitted teacosy to go on it, but it then goes 'clonk' instead of 'Ting!'

Looks just the job to me :biggrin: I like the idea of a bike built from bits rather than throwing your money at the shop assistant ,thats tooooooo easy. Now I'm off to look for more bits for my next fixie.:tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

Ps the thing on the handle bars does look like a very small tea pot !

Top Bottom