My 'new' bike - the Millennium Falcon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
There's a caff at the top of Llanberis Pass :tongue:
Petes Eats in Llanberis itself is better though...

Only because they gave you the biggest piece of carrot cake I've ever seen! :rofl:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
And (greedily) I finished it all!
*ashamed*
That'll be the reason for my somewhat poor climbing form that day - weighed down with carrot cake...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
Now that depends how far apart they are :thumbsup: :smile:

No, distance is no object. The closer the better....:tongue::smile:

Fossyant, I know, drops would look more 'normal', but I've tried drops on bikes before and really, I enjoy risers much more. I'd never use the actual drop part anyway, so they'd be a bit wasted...

Not that it matters. What matters is having a bike, using it and having fun....:smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Angelfishsolo said:
One of the most sensible comments I have ever read on this site :-) BTW, Envy and Jealousy make good bedfellows. Good luck to you and The Doctor I say.

Aw, thank you.

I really don't get a lot of the stuff people come out with about what's 'right' and 'wrong' - if it works, that's the thing. That's not to say I don't sometimes look at something and say "that's really nice!" or "blimey, that's a bit of a dog...", but I assume it works for whoever set it up...

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
My pleasure.

I agree 100%. As far as I am concerned if the bike is fit for purpose then what more do you need. Also if it doesn't quite 'Look the part' then it's less likely to get stolen or vandalised.

Arch said:
Aw, thank you.

I really don't get a lot of the stuff people come out with about what's 'right' and 'wrong' - if it works, that's the thing. That's not to say I don't sometimes look at something and say "that's really nice!" or "blimey, that's a bit of a dog...", but I assume it works for whoever set it up...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It's a proper bike not one of them laying down thingymajigs. Good for the Doc, I say.

there's enough time for lying down when you're not on the bike

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:
It's a proper bike not one of them laying down thingymajigs. Good for the Doc, I say.

there's enough time for lying down when you're not on the bike

<snork>

Ah, time will tell. He's already planning his first recumbent...:biggrin:

Top Bottom