My new car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
We're impressed with it. Had 68k on it, all motorway, but that's not an issue as he's doing big miles himself (mainly social as his commute is about 25 miles return). It's got really low down torque, and is really good overtaking on the motorway, even in 6th, just pulls. You don't even need to rev the engine as it has loads of grunt from 2000rpm for even a petrol. And it will easily return 50+ mpg on a run.

I won't put up the picture of it covered in N. Wales fire road mud after the Wales Rally... what a mess. You should have seen the mud coming off the underside once home !

It's got a really good spec inside too.

We compared it to an identical Polo 1.2 SE, same age, engine, price, miles. This was miles nicer, much more sporty (splitter, skirts and spoiler) and cheaper insurance :wacko:.
All motorway, driven by mother Teresa, cleaned with holy water every sunday, lady owner...do people still fall for that LOB?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Had an Octavia here last week for a dent, it was a taxi and had 250,000 on the clock, the one before that did 400,000 before somebody wrote it off for him.

Mate who has a garage SKS Peterborough lent me an old Audi A6 while he did my van wheel bearings.
It had well over 200k 2.0tdi. Bloody lovely drive, i was suitably impressed, nice green too, Lahsa green which was my favourite colour Golf gti mk2 1.8 which i couldn't afford in the mid 80s

Levo-Lon

Guru
We're impressed with it. Had 68k on it, all motorway, but that's not an issue as he's doing big miles himself (mainly social as his commute is about 25 miles return). It's got really low down torque, and is really good overtaking on the motorway, even in 6th, just pulls. You don't even need to rev the engine as it has loads of grunt from 2000rpm for even a petrol. And it will easily return 50+ mpg on a run.

I won't put up the picture of it covered in N. Wales fire road mud after the Wales Rally... what a mess. You should have seen the mud coming off the underside once home !

It's got a really good spec inside too.

We compared it to an identical Polo 1.2 SE, same age, engine, price, miles. This was miles nicer, much more sporty (splitter, skirts and spoiler) and cheaper insurance :wacko:.
Same with the Seat Ibiza, superb little cars, i bought 3 from 09-14 for my wife.
She loved them, though the Kia Sport wagon is her favourite car bar a pug gti i got for her in 99, bloody maniac in that she was:laugh:

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A Y-reg Seat Ibiza Chill was my first brand new car in about 20 years.

Air con was something of a luxury on small hatchbacks in those days.

It blew ever so cold, I reckon it had the same compressor as a Leon/Golf, so was easily able to chill the smaller car.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got a Peugeot Partner Tepee ex motability from a local dealer who has given my family good service. Ordered from the Internet with nearly 8000 miles up. Took nearly a week to arrive,get full service and valet plus a tow bar fitted for the price of the parts. It looked brand new when I took delivery and is ideal for my needs. It takes bikes or my trike inside no problem. I plan on using it as a camping car in summer with a tent for the trike.

Gunk

Guru
Mate who has a garage SKS Peterborough lent me an old Audi A6 while he did my van wheel bearings.
It had well over 200k 2.0tdi. Bloody lovely drive, i was suitably impressed, nice green too, Lahsa green which was my favourite colour Golf gti mk2 1.8 which i couldn't afford in the mid 80s

Lhasa Green was only used on the Mk1 GTi. The Mk2 had either Jade Green or the darker Oak Green on the later cars.

Top Bottom