My new car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
The car was in stock at a dealer in Newcastle.

I've seen ex-Motability cars at auctions, although I don't know what their disposal policy is.

The supplying dealer was Ford in Cramlington, but the car is returned to Motability at the end of the agreement, so they probably don't get the chance to take the car back into their stock.

Thanks for answer.

Yes, when I sourced the car for my son, I went to a small, local, garage/dealer recommended by a friend. He (the dealer) had a sort of spreadsheet with "available" ex-motobility cars listed. The cars were located at some central compound (not locally). I chose the car off the list, and he acquired it, and transported it to me. He did offer to deliver it to my son (300 miles away, for a fee), but, I chose to take delivery and then deliver it to son (giving me opportunity to see grand-children). From this, I got the impression that there is some form of trade "deal" goes on. I know, from another friend, that it is possible for the Motobility User to buy "their" car, at the end of the rental period. My friend keeps his offspring supplied with recent model, well cared for cars, via this method.

screenman

Legendary Member
Shame the car was green.

Would have looked much better in black.

No, a black car never looks better than the day it leaves the showroom is a trade saying.

screenman

Legendary Member
Thanks for answer.

Yes, when I sourced the car for my son, I went to a small, local, garage/dealer recommended by a friend. He (the dealer) had a sort of spreadsheet with "available" ex-motobility cars listed. The cars were located at some central compound (not locally). I chose the car off the list, and he acquired it, and transported it to me. He did offer to deliver it to my son (300 miles away, for a fee), but, I chose to take delivery and then deliver it to son (giving me opportunity to see grand-children). From this, I got the impression that there is some form of trade "deal" goes on. I know, from another friend, that it is possible for the Motobility User to buy "their" car, at the end of the rental period. My friend keeps his offspring supplied with recent model, well cared for cars, via this method.

There is a spread sheet type thing but nowadays the vehicles seldom get back to a compound, mine was bought online and picked up by myself from a Toyota garage that had supplied the previous owner with his new car, they do not take it into stock. I would bet money that I am fixing dents on an ex motab car tomorrow as most of my dealer customers buy them.

Smudge

Veteran
My last car was metallic black and i will never have a black car again. They do look great when you wash them, but within hours all the dust will show up again, plus any scratches are really visible. There's also the heat black paint will hold, leave it parked in the sun for a while and it will be like an oven inside.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
20200108_172124.jpg

A year old Skoda Superb, ex Skoda fleet car with only 9k miles on it. I bought it last month, it's my first "new" car in 10 years, my previous Renault Megane was sadly going downhill with age (like us all) and my daughter had outgrown the back seat.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I always buy white cars if i can, they just stay nicer, are easy to clean.
Dark blues, blacks, infact all dark paint is a smeary mess unless you spend hrs on the things.

I love some of these Palette colours, stunning but you pay a lot to have the privilege

Levo-Lon

Guru
Looks like a posh taxi :whistle:

That's actually a compliment, taxi drivers know a good car and use them.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah but how many full-sized bikes can you get in the boot ^_^ should've got the estate for a super sized practical motor

TyrannosaurusTreks

Formerly known as Giantbadge
No, but I was a bit concerned to find a vaguely medical looking narrow plastic funnel.

I've had a pee into similar in hospital.

I need not have worried.

The car has a capless fuel filler.

Ford supply the funnel to stuff into the filler neck if you want to fill from a jerry can.

Without the funnel, you couldn't open the flap in the neck which forms the cap.
Is your car a add blue motor?, that would usually be the use for the funnel.
our transits have them.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Ah but how many full-sized bikes can you get in the boot ^_^ should've got the estate for a super sized practical motor

The estate is actually slightly (only an inch or two) shorter than the hatchback believe it or not. The extra cc's of space in the estate come from the higher roofline.
Mine takes my road bike in the boot fine, it's perfectly practical.

They're so practical in fact, that I heard they might even be used as pro team cars and commisaire vehicles in some sort of famous bike race, though I can't be sure. ^_^

Top Bottom