My new car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My lad's 'first car' bought in July - a 2015 Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2 Turbo 109ps. He's done over 10,000 miles in 6 months.

This is my lad's photo - it's where I MTB down a farm track - it's a fairly good surface here - he's into his photography !

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
My lad's 'first car' bought in July - a 2015 Fabia Monte Carlo 1.2 Turbo 109ps. He's done over 10,000 miles in 6 months.

View attachment 499708

Cracking little car, my first car was a mark2 Jaguar, mind you later that year I got married and it was back to walking and buses until money started coming in.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cracking little car, my first car was a mark2 Jaguar, mind you later that year I got married and it was back to walking and buses until money started coming in.

We're impressed with it. Had 68k on it, all motorway, but that's not an issue as he's doing big miles himself (mainly social as his commute is about 25 miles return). It's got really low down torque, and is really good overtaking on the motorway, even in 6th, just pulls. You don't even need to rev the engine as it has loads of grunt from 2000rpm for even a petrol. And it will easily return 50+ mpg on a run.

I won't put up the picture of it covered in N. Wales fire road mud after the Wales Rally... what a mess. You should have seen the mud coming off the underside once home !

It's got a really good spec inside too.

We compared it to an identical Polo 1.2 SE, same age, engine, price, miles. This was miles nicer, much more sporty (splitter, skirts and spoiler) and cheaper insurance :wacko:.

Smudge

Veteran
Is your car a add blue motor?, that would usually be the use for the funnel.
our transits have them.

The funnel is for the fuel filler, as its a capless filler and it also wont let you put the wrong petrol or diesel fuel pump nozzle in. The funnel is for putting fuel in with a can.
My petrol Focus has one of these small funnels.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The funnel is for the fuel filler, as its a capless filler and it also wont let you put the wrong petrol or diesel fuel pump nozzle in. The funnel is for putting fuel in with a can.
My petrol Focus has one of these small funnels.

That's true - there's a few lines in the handbook about it.

I did genuinely wonder if it was supposed to be with the car.

The handbook also says if you throw it away after use you can buy another from your friendly Ford dealer.

I suppose the thinking there is you might not want to put a smelly funnel covered in diesel back in the car.

Mine is still in its plastic bag which will do to take it home if I ever have to use it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
That's true - there's a few lines in the handbook about it.

I did genuinely wonder if it was supposed to be with the car.

The handbook also says if you throw it away after use you can buy another from your friendly Ford dealer.

I suppose the thinking there is you might not want to put a smelly funnel covered in diesel back in the car.

Mine is still in its plastic bag which will do to take it home if I ever have to use it.

As an aside, I am surprised, but, impressed, that you have not been taken to task for buying a Diesel car? ;)

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As an aside, I am surprised, but, impressed, that you have not been taken to task for buying a Diesel car? ;)

Twenty quid road tax so day-to-day it's a lot greener than the car it replaced.

I am indirectly supporting the production of new cars.

I suspect the production of a new car has a greater environmental impact than doing a few miles in it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Twenty quid road tax so day-to-day it's a lot greener than the car it replaced.

I am indirectly supporting the production of new cars.

I suspect the production of a new car has a greater environmental impact than doing a few miles in it.

it was a jest ;)

I have a diesel car too (1.5dci), zero vehicle excise duty, so, it must be “green”?

stephec

Legendary Member
If you insist. My new car, collected yesterday
View attachment 499356

Perfect for the 3 dogs. At 26 years old not without it's problems, but the 65 mile drive home from collecting it was very relaxing. Same family since new and sold to me by the original owners Son, he was quite emotional as I drove away.
Tell me you've still got the Capri though?

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
First maintenance job on the new car - change the battery in the key.

At least it came up with a low battery warning to tell me to do it, the Vauxhall just used to conk out.

Bit of a fiddle involving prying open both covers on the key.

I was reassured to see the metal key blade is present, so I can open the door if the battery ever goes flat or the remote electronics fail to work.

Next job was to break into the child proof packaging of my Duracell CR2032 coin cell multipack.

A craft knife seemed the best tool.

More faff, but I suppose I should think of the children.

Hopefully the battery will last for a few years.

My brother told me when his conked out on his new Honda, the garage told him it would need changing every year or so.

Top Bottom