My new car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
did better than our meriva
after 44 000miles the engine was making a loud ticking noise, power steering would cut out, electric windows sometimes stopped working and the sunroof leaked
got shot of it nearly 2 years ago for £1300 trade in against a 64 plate dacia stepway with 8000 on the clock for £6500

Smudge

Veteran
A thread to post details of your latest car purchase.

I will start with my new to me 2016 C-Max Titatnium auto 1.5 diesel.

My Meriva had done 94,000 close to trouble free miles, but was starting to need some non-routine maintenance, the latest being a battery.

I would have considered another Meriva, but they stopped making diesel autos years ago so there are no late ones to be had.

I've had two Focuses in the past, and I like the way they drive.

Occasional inside carriage of a chunky ebike means it has to be either the C-Max or estate version.

This car is ex-Motability and has only done 6,000 miles.

It is pretty much spotless inside and out.

All documents were present, including one or two Motability ones that shouldn't have been, so I know the previous owner's name, address, telephone number, and date of birth.

She's 85 - if she's still with us.

The Titanium model has more toys than I've ever had on a car, and one or two might even be useful.

Decent sounds, including DAB, CD, and it's recognised my iPod.

It also has colour touchscreen sat nav.

Doubt I will ever set that, but viewing me on the map as I bowl along is handy.

The voice control is clever, if gimmicky.

I can ask it to tell me where I am, which could be useful if it ever breaks down.

The drive and handling is sharper than the Meriva, which I prefer.

It has marginally more poke, and substantially better fuel economy.

Mid-50s should be achievable, which is about 10mpg better than the Meriva.

Road tax is only £20, the Meriva had reached close to £200.

Oddment stowage is not as good as the Meriva, but that might discourage me from filling the car with junk I rarely use.

I've only done about 250 miles so far, but I've found nothing about the car I dislike, apart from the colour - black is the one colour I wouldn't choose.

Here's a pic of my still shiny new car taken on the causeway at Holy Island.

View attachment 499333

You wont regret buying that. The vast majority of my cars have been Fords, they're supremely reliable nice to drive and cheap to to run. On my second Focus now.
Its why i keep buying Fords. Occasionally i've been seduced by other makes...... and have almost always ended up regretting it.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You wont regret buying that. The vast majority of my cars have been Fords, they're supremely reliable nice to drive and cheap to to run.

Me and my family have had good service from a number of Fords.

I reckon they are at least as good as other mass produced cars, yet the trade tends to depreciate them more heavily.

Handy when you are buying, but not quite so clever when you are selling.

Gunk

Guru
Me and my family have had good service from a number of Fords.

I reckon they are at least as good as other mass produced cars, yet the trade tends to depreciate them more heavily.

Handy when you are buying, but not quite so clever when you are selling.

Although I’ve never been a Ford man, they are very good cars, they always seem to drive and handle really well. Richard Parry Jones sorted that out in the 1990’s.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mines done 26k, full dealer history but I doubt I’d sell at what you deem the right price :whistle: rare beasts esp in rally green :okay:
I found a picture to taunt you (while it was actually clean) ^_^

Attachments

• IMG_7018.JPG
    IMG_7018.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 9

My Meriva had done 94,000 close to trouble free miles, but was starting to need some non-routine maintenance, the latest being a battery.

I would have considered another Meriva, but they stopped making diesel autos years ago so there are no late ones to be had.

Occasional inside carriage of a chunky ebike means it has to be either the C-Max or estate version.

All documents were present, including one or two Motability ones that shouldn't have been, so I know the previous owner's name, address, telephone number, and date of birth.

The Titanium model has more toys than I've ever had on a car, and one or two might even be useful.

I can ask it to tell me where I am, which could be useful if it ever breaks down.

Oddment stowage is not as good as the Meriva, but that might discourage me from filling the car with junk I rarely use.

I've only done about 250 miles so far, but I've found nothing about the car I dislike, apart from the colour - black is the one colour I wouldn't choose.

View attachment 499333
6k miles! My 2017 has now done 58k :wacko:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I found a picture to taunt you (while it was actually clean) ^_^

Looks very much like my local Waitrose underground car park only deserted.

vickster

Legendary Member
Would have looked much better in black.

xx( The only black car I ever had turned out to be an absolute dog so never again...and who wants a car that's the same colour as loads of others on the road, or in the carpark ;)
(same as grey/silver/white...dull, dull, dull...if you're going to have an interesting and unusual car why have something that looks the same colourwise as all the boring boxes on the road ;) ) (same as with those dull black bikes ;) )

Oh and she still IS green ;)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite

View attachment 499333

Nice Motor!

I used to have Company Cars, in the bad old days. We had a choice (within reason) of make and model, the Fords I had were by far the best.

When I was self employed, I did drift into BMW land, big mistake, one of the most unreliable cars I ever had. After that fiasco, I switched to Mazda (sort of Japanese Ford), with excellent results.

I now have a Renault Captur (which is, as far as I can see, a Nissan, everything under the bonnet has a Nissan badge on it).

A number of years ago, when my son returned from living/working in USA, I was called upon to source him a car, quickly. I got him an ex-motobility Quashqai, which lasted him for about 7 years (he totally neglects cars, no cleaning, no maintenance, etc etc).

Did you buy it via a Garage, or, do you have access to Motobility stock?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The car was in stock at a dealer in Newcastle.

I've seen ex-Motability cars at auctions, although I don't know what their disposal policy is.

The supplying dealer was Ford in Cramlington, but the car is returned to Motability at the end of the agreement, so they probably don't get the chance to take the car back into their stock.

Top Bottom