My New Commuter: Specialized Diverge 2016 or Genesis Croix de Fer 10 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Beautiful looking bike.

Thanks... I replaced the wheels on my Defy Advanced 1 with some Mavic Pros and those wheels I took the decals off and put them on this bike because they were lighter, its got a Fizik Arione saddle and some Conti 4000 28s and that's it really..

Cheers.

CdF every day of the week for me. I'm sure the Diverge is a very competent bike, but then I'm sure the Ford Mondeo is a perfectly adequate car. The CAADX is a fun bike to ride, but the brakes on that are crap compared to the CdF and I reckon you'd be wanting to upgrade them within weeks/months.
The copper colour Cdf looks fantastic, but there are some real bargains to be had on 2015 models at the moment, so you could get the same bike with a better spec for less money if you're open to other colour options.

OP
OP
TheSalisburyTeacher

TheSalisburyTeacher

CdF every day of the week for me. I'm sure the Diverge is a very competent bike, but then I'm sure the Ford Mondeo is a perfectly adequate car. The CAADX is a fun bike to ride, but the brakes on that are crap compared to the CdF and I reckon you'd be wanting to upgrade them within weeks/months.
The copper colour Cdf looks fantastic, but there are some real bargains to be had on 2015 models at the moment, so you could get the same bike with a better spec for less money if you're open to other colour options.
That's great advice, thank you. I'll have a search for some 2015 models and see what I can find. It's all made slightly more complex in that I am getting it via cycle to work scheme...

vickster

Legendary Member
Sometimes you can't get sale bikes on c2w as the retailer fee is usually 10% cutting their margin further. That said, I think Evans will, but always good to support your lbs if you can :smile:

OP
OP
TheSalisburyTeacher

TheSalisburyTeacher

Yeah I approached my LBS first but they only stock Speciaiized and Giant as well as a few odds and sods. I think Evans is going to be my best bet anyway!

Boon 51

Veteran

With think the Cdf looks like a GT you can see all the welds, the Diverge has a much smoother finish and better in my book but like you I might be a bit bias..

With think the Cdf looks like a GT you can see all the welds, the Diverge has a much smoother finish and better in my book but like you I might be a bit bias..
The welds are really smooth on my Equilibrium; I presumed they'd be the same on a CdF frame as they use the same steel, but it's a long time since I've been up close to one, so maybe you're right. The finish on your Spesh certainly does look very smooth. I'd be put off by the fact that out of the 40-odd people in my cycle club around 60% of the bikes are Giant and Specialized.

@TheSalisburyTeacher - if you're still in any doubt about your choice you could ask yourself "what would Han Solo do?"

CO7ipXsWIAAWbni.jpg

Boon 51

Veteran
The welds are really smooth on my Equilibrium; I presumed they'd be the same on a CdF frame as they use the same steel, but it's a long time since I've been up close to one, so maybe you're right. The finish on your Spesh certainly does look very smooth. I'd be put off by the fact that out of the 40-odd people in my cycle club around 60% of the bikes are Giant and Specialized.

@TheSalisburyTeacher - if you're still in any doubt about your choice you could ask yourself "what would Han Solo do?"

View attachment 117600

My feeling is Specialized and Cannondale are a bit weak on the component front, good for upgrading but as out of the box bikes I can't fault Giant or Trek or even Cubes.. not bought much else. Lots on the market. :smile:

Top Bottom