My New Commuter: Specialized Diverge 2016 or Genesis Croix de Fer 10 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Here's the Diverge that I've just done up..you might like or not?

View attachment 117371

There seems to be a theme as this is my favorite car.. LOL.. ^_^

bentley-continental--2_800x0w.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Currently waiting for my CdF20 (carbon fork upgrade delay :cry:), lovely bikes and the Orange of the 10 is amazing, I'd choose it over the spesh for that alone :smile:
Alloy frame with carbon fork and claris vs steel frame/fork and sora.... Not tried the Diverge, would lean towards the CdF anyway but worth trying both.

@Wafer

Is that an upgrade available from Genesis? Or aftermarket?

I'm warming to the look/spec' of the Cdf 30 but the skinny fork does nothing for me.

That Datum looks v.nice but is more than I would want to spend on a bike.

Wafer

Veteran
Well that's changed a few times.... It's ended up being Genesis' own fork that I think is meant to be an optional upgrade for the frameset (last year all framesets were carbon fork I think :sad: ).
Though in the mean time the lbs had talked me into a different fork because the Genesis one was going to be a while, turns out that one was going to take even longer! Asked about other options and they suggested one that was twice the price or kinesis fork but reckoned that wouldn't be as good. So I'm waiting!

Wafer

Veteran
They put up some pics on their Facebook page of the CdFs with specs and I think they said some forks were an old modelmodel in comments, did they look skinny in person or is it from pics online? Might be worth double checking if online

Wafer

Veteran
Yeah but I was only pointing out the fork to SpokeyDokey ;)
IIRC (I ordered the bike at the start of December) the fork was £150.

Wafer

Veteran
Well I think it was going to be the samish price for a Lynskey fork (which they said would've been better) but can't get it for months apparently....

I'm paying more by using the LBS, getting upgraded wheels too which would've been cheaper ordering online, but happy to give them the business, I know I'll get a nice bike and they offer free lifetime servicing :smile: And other than being keen to get a carbon fork, I really have little idea about fork differences/options so having to trust their advice!

Boon 51

Veteran
Well I think it was going to be the samish price for a Lynskey fork (which they said would've been better) but can't get it for months apparently....

I'm paying more by using the LBS, getting upgraded wheels too which would've been cheaper ordering online, but happy to give them the business, I know I'll get a nice bike and they offer free lifetime servicing :smile: And other than being keen to get a carbon fork, I really have little idea about fork differences/options so having to trust their advice!

I think most of the better alloy bikes have carbon forks nowadays they do make for a better ride.. :smile:

Wafer

Veteran
Yeah, my current alloy bike has carbon, noticed a big difference over my old alu fork hybrid. Seems a nice balance for a steel frame too, takes a bit of weight off.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
OP
OP
TheSalisburyTeacher

TheSalisburyTeacher

Update: Cyclescheme all approved, just waiting for the 'Funds to be Transferred' according to the cyclescheme website. I still think the CdF is the one for me, but having said that, as I have had time to google the hell out of everything, I do have a couple of questions. Main one is that the Genesis CdA is the same geometry and load-out as the CdF but with the aluminium frame and carbon forks and a cheaper price tag. Should I be considering it as a viable alternative?

Also, I've been looking at this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...a-disc-2016-cyclocross-bike-ec116239#features

It's the same price as the CdF but comes with Tiagra and is able to fit rack and fenders. Anyone got experience of these?

For what it's worth I'm not a faffer, but as I'm having to wait for the cyclescheme vouchers, I may as well keep busy! :smile:

Top Bottom