My New Commuter: Specialized Diverge 2016 or Genesis Croix de Fer 10 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
TheSalisburyTeacher

TheSalisburyTeacher

No.
Don't put doubts in your head at this stage.
Settle on the CdF.
That is all :tongue:

This is how I sound when trying to rush my fianceé out of shops! ^_^

Edit: But yes, I agree!

outlash

also available in orange
I don't have that exact model, but I do own a CAADX. Love mine and I may well get a newer model with disc brakes at some point (mine has cantis). I still think the CdF is a better choice as a commuter though because it has two sets of mounts on the rear dropouts for guards & a rack, the CAADX only has one so they'd have to share. It also has mounts on the forks for racks on the CdF too.

Unless you're planning on racing cyclocross, get the CdF.

Love mine and I may well get a newer model with disc brakes at some point

I wouldn't bother if I were you. They're crap. The worst thing about the bike by far. Your cantis will be better.

@TheSalisburyTeacher - might be some room for haggling here if this is your size.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cannondale-caadx-2016-new.194924/#post-4128255

Having tested CAADX and Genesis there was only one choice for me, though I went Equilibrium Disc rather than CdF.

Cheers.

Boon 51

Veteran
My bobs worth..
Standard brakes are not that good really the Spyre semi's are a little better in the rain but that's all, the Dura Ace brakes on my Trek will out pull all of them in the dry (not tried my Dura Ace's in the wet as it don't rain too much where I live) but I have just upgraded my mtb to some XT's M785 and they are sublime.. :smile:

OP
OP
TheSalisburyTeacher

TheSalisburyTeacher

Well here she is! Arrived this morning just in time for me to use her for a 75km ride we had planned. First impressions are that the geometry is brilliant, I'm a tall chap and I felt incredibly comfy. The gearing is impressive, although I still struggled with some hills, but that's me not the bike. The brakes weren't great at first but seem to be bedding in well, they stank to high heaven when I had them on full going down Blissford Hill...

All in all I'm chuffed, she'll be a noble steed.

Edit: before anyone says anything, I know I'm not in the big ring and she's facing the wrong way, but I was still in my pyjamas and had literally just put it all together!

image.jpeg

Nah,that's not going to do you at all.I don't think it's going to suit you.
I'll PM you my details and address,so you can send it to me.I'll take the responsibility of slumming it for a while on that.
You don't have to thank me :thanks:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
LOL,I love it !!!!
The copper is just a great looking colour for that bike.
Nice one mate,and happy riding :thumbsup:

Top Bottom