My New Lawn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Pretty good. If you had the weather like it is in Edinburgh you may have had results similar to me……

From this

To this

In 5 hours. :okay:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Female dog wee kills the grass, male the opposite.
Most of my dogs that did pee on the lawn left dead brown patches, i always have a fence now.
My dog is male, which is why i posted the above about male dogs.......sorry your dog left brown patches on your grass @gbb , but mine never has in the 13yrs i have had the little man. as you can see by my pictures, its all nice lush and green, he pees on it everyday.......

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
the old plastic fantastic hey........that would burn the feet of my dog in summer and he would have nowhere to run and play with his ball.......

The ‘grass’ has certainly been hot today.:heat:

Plastic would clearly not be suitable for you and your dogs needs, but ideal for my elderly in-laws with this 16 square metre patch.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The ‘grass’ has certainly been hot today.:heat:

Plastic would clearly not be suitable for you and your dogs needs, but ideal for my elderly in-laws with this 16 square metre patch.
Theres an ideal situation for every thing………i have plastic grass on the front garden, so it always looks good when people visit, dog doesnt go out the front, so its ideal.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
We have two lawns, one treated four times a year by Green Thumb, the other, on the allotment, which receives no treatment contains other plants such as buttercup, dandelion, daisy, clover white and pink, self-heal, wild grasses.

The treated one is a dull, featureless green oblong. It sits there doing nothing, contributing nothing to the garden. The allotment lawn is a riot of colour from mid-April through to late August. At times I leave areas uncut to let the taller wild grasses, butter cups and daisies flower. When I "cut" during summer months I raise the blades high enough to allow clover and self heal to continue flowering.

The allotment lawn is colourful and alive with pollinating insects, 80% bees, throughout the summer. I know which one I enjoy.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

We have two lawns, one treated four times a year by Green Thumb, the other, on the allotment, which receives no treatment contains other plants such as buttercup, dandelion, daisy, clover white and pink, self-heal, wild grasses.

The treated one is a dull, featureless green oblong. It sits there doing nothing, contributing nothing to the garden. The allotment lawn is a riot of colour from mid-April through to late August. At times I leave areas uncut to let the taller wild grasses, butter cups and daisies flower. When I "cut" during summer months I raise the blades high enough to allow clover and self heal to continue flowering.

The allotment lawn is colourful and alive with pollinating insects, 80% bees, throughout the summer. I know which one I enjoy.
The green one in the garden lol……

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My BIL has put plastic grass down in his back garden - most of it's decked or stone. Main reason was it didn't drain terribly well and the Labrador would get muddy feet and bring it in the house. I will see how it goes as no doubt the dog will pee on the plastic grass and I believe it stinks after a while - I didn't have the heart to tell him.

@jowwy, you've let the team down having plastic grass in the front ! :wacko:

My BIL has put plastic grass down in his back garden - most of it's decked or stone. Main reason was it didn't drain terribly well and the Labrador would get muddy feet and bring it in the house. I will see how it goes as no doubt the dog will pee on the plastic grass and I believe it stinks after a while - I didn't have the heart to tell him.

Might work with having a dog from a wet paw POV but I can't see the point with the pee of swapping a mower for a jetwash (and a hoover for leaves).
But wouldn't the sub base work for the plastic mat have been the perfect base for a well drained lawn?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Might work with having a dog from a wet paw POV but I can't see the point with the pee of swapping a mower for a jetwash (and a hoover for leaves).
But wouldn't the sub base work for the plastic mat have been the perfect base for a well drained lawn?

Aye, BIL is a 'builder' by trade (site manager now), but the grass wasn't growing well. He's raised the base for the plastic grass. Looks OK, but I recon it will stink soon enough. Too much dog traffic on it before (not a big lawn).

OP
OP
J

jowwy

sorry fossy, its more a needs must in that area........my back garden is big enough to take care of and i work fulltime and i care for my disable partner too, i just dont have enough time to do it all

Sorry

Top Bottom