My New Lawn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
From this

to this in just 4 weeks

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Bit patchy there. Are you letting the dog piss on it?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Good work with the grass seed.
I had mine turfed about 8 weeks ago. And it wont stop growing!
But it already has weeds growing in it. It seems to be an impossible job to keep it weed free.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Good work with the grass seed.
I had mine turfed about 8 weeks ago. And it wont stop growing!
But it already has weeds growing in it. It seems to be an impossible job to keep it weed free.
Turfed lawns do seem to come with resident weeds IME. Just keep plucking them individually by hand with a small trowel or probe to get the roots and after a month or two you should be rid of the incumbent ones and only have to be dealing with new invaders.

D

Deleted member 1258

Turfed lawns do seem to come with resident weeds IME. Just keep plucking them individually by hand with a small trowel or probe to get the roots and after a month or two you should be rid of the incumbent ones and only have to be dealing with new invaders.

The only time I had turf put down it came complete with sheep s**t.

gbb

Legendary Member
Regarding the weeds, and i start by saying I'm no gardener but our small lawn (20 x 30 ft) always suffered from waterlogging , poor quality soil i suspect, clay etc etc. I never had a good lawn, weeds and moss always took over, dandelions especially. One year i had it all re turfed, waste of time, i wasnt dealing with the root causes.
2 years ago i started weed and feeding it because the dandelions were infesting everything. It looked terrible for a year as they died off and left loads of bare patches but over the next year....i hardly have any weeds at all, the lawn is richer and greener than it ever has been.
Even my SIL visited and noted...oooh isnt your lawn lovely.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Not bad for a 1st growth from seed. It will always be patchy with dog piss, but hey its a lawn not your front room carpet

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not bad for a 1st growth from seed. It will always be patchy with dog piss, but hey its a lawn not your front room carpet
ive never had a patchy lawn with dog piss....its always been lush and green and he pees all over it

T4tomo

Legendary Member
yes it grows back stronger - you have to train it to piss in different places every day, or complement it with your own nightime sprinkles under cover of darkness

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh and grass doesn't like oil spills. I've now got a few bald patches from my bloody son and his car 'fixing' - not too bothered about the lawn next to the drive, but why the hell he went in the back garden with oily parts. Might have to dig it out yet ! :wacko:

Top Bottom