My new movie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
great Mat. Might see you on there one day.
More likely when the weather improves.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nice film Matt.

Do you always ride with the saddle canted forwards like that? It must be throwing your weight onto the bars and killing your bum bones.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I havent really noticed that before. It feels comfortable to me and it doesnt really change my position on the bars.

Try canting it back so that the nose is a couple of degrees up; you might be surprised at the improvement. For most chaps the weight needs to be shared between the sit bones and the perineum, which is the bit between the legs.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Made me want to go out on my bike. Well done.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Try canting it back so that the nose is a couple of degrees up; you might be surprised at the improvement. For most chaps the weight needs to be shared between the sit bones and the perineum, which is the bit between the legs.

I have my saddle with the nose pointing very slightly down. I'm a big chap, and if too much weight is put on my perineum, I get numb down below, which tends to take the fun out of a ride! I think the solution for me is to slim down.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have my saddle with the nose pointing very slightly down. I'm a big chap, and if too much weight is put on my perineum, I get numb down below, which tends to take the fun out of a ride! I think the solution for me is to slim down.
I had the same problem. I used to wear shorts which had little padding and even though I am light, it was still causing a problem. I now have a nice cushion and the seat position helps.

markharry66

Über Member
wow I take the comment back about the muppet christmas carol. That is an amazing commute you have there Matthew (and a dodgy taste in music). Would swap your journey for mine any day of the week I think I have said before mine consists of pot holes and dog turds.
Can you tell have you done this journey during the summer looks like a root you would get peds on certainly the beaches

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Can you tell have you done this journey during the summer looks like a root you would get peds on certainly the beaches
It does get a bit mad in the summer. ATM the only thing to contend with is dog walkers but most of them are okay.
In the summer, as there are caravan parks along the coast, holiday makers who dont know the area walk along the prom and are unaware that it is a shared use path. It cause problems and that is why I like to stick to the roads or head into the hills.

Top Bottom