My new ride - Cannondale Synapse 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I figured I should post a few piccies up of N+1 before it gets too trashed over winter. Stock apart from a wheel and saddle change, together with hours spent trying to get the mud guards not to rub. I was also anal enough to put helicopter tape nears cables and on the carbon cranks.

This is the result of my long running saga with Canyon.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Tidy, very tidy!

OP
OP
Milkfloat

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Well a mini update, a cracking Christmas cycle on a comfortable carbon Cannondale, Canyon cancelled. A good ride to christen a new bike. I was not feeling too good today, but still managed personal bests on a lot of the climbs, which I am putting down to the 2kg advantage it offers me. Just a couple of tweeks to make, drop the stem a bit and get the hair dryer out to stop a minor rub of the mudguard. So far very happy.

For those that are interested in weights that never seem to be published, the 58cm bike as it came from the shop without pedals is 8.1kg. With the wheel,tyre and saddle swap plus adding pedals it is also 8.1kg.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
you ought to line up the sidewall writing so its opposite the valve so they balance weight wise :laugh:

OP
OP
Milkfloat

Milkfloat

An Peanut
What made you choose a Cannondale over the Planet X bikes. The Planet X Pro Carbon bikes are a similar spec but a lot less cash, I think.

I looked at the Planet X and Ribble, as well as Rose, Merida, Cube etc, but eventually discounted them as either the geometry was not close enough to what I know works for me or I could not test ride. I had a Canyon on order for months that I could not test ride, but the geometry added up and the the great price made the risk seem worth it. I plumped on the Cannondale eventually because of the test ride, the already reduced price, the extra discount negotiated and the no admin fee for CycleScheme, but most of all I like the colour

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I looked at the Planet X and Ribble, as well as Rose, Merida, Cube etc, but eventually discounted them as either the geometry was not close enough to what I know works for me or I could not test ride. I had a Canyon on order for months that I could not test ride, but the geometry added up and the the great price made the risk seem worth it. I plumped on the Cannondale eventually because of the test ride, the already reduced price, the extra discount negotiated and the no admin fee for CycleScheme, but most of all I like the colour

they all sound fair enough reasons to me , just enjoy it hope you treated Mrs Milkfloat at same time

Top Bottom