My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20230821_200330.jpg

20230821_200712.jpg

Geese flying in along the beach for their evening roost in a nearby field.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
1000004922.jpg

My friend at Pym Chair summit on the way home.

roubaixtuesday

Well spotted! Yes, just extraordinary, and the excitement doesn't wear off however many times I go there! Just wish they'd open the Grads Goulets balcony road again, at least to bikes & walkers... makes Combe Laval look a bit tame.

We're planning on riding it in a couple of weeks on the tandem - very excited!

Coming from Ardeche Gorge to Montelimar, then Die, Col de Rousset and through to St Jen en Royans before returning to Lyon, where we start, roughly as follows through the Vercors

1692795034372.png

Sounds like you're local - any hints and tips on routes, accommodation and sights would be much appreciated. We might stay in the Vercors one night, or go through in a day, staying in Die then St Jean area.

Mrs Tuesday loves wild swimming, so recommendations in the area for good spots particularly.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This morning's sun rise

IMG_20230824_055222808.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
Checked on Snopes to see if the photo was accurate. The recipe changes by country, with the USA using high fructose corn syrup. With the caveat of granulated sugar taking more volume the photo is accurate.
( Heinz advertises that it uses 140g of tomato per 100g, our Stokes ketchup uses 200g tomato per 100g )

Attachments

• IMG_4494.jpeg
    IMG_4494.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 7

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
We're planning on riding it in a couple of weeks on the tandem - very excited!

Coming from Ardeche Gorge to Montelimar, then Die, Col de Rousset and through to St Jen en Royans before returning to Lyon, where we start, roughly as follows through the Vercors

View attachment 703638

Sounds like you're local - any hints and tips on routes, accommodation and sights would be much appreciated. We might stay in the Vercors one night, or go through in a day, staying in Die then St Jean area.

Mrs Tuesday loves wild swimming, so recommendations in the area for good spots particularly.

Yes, that's the best route to take from Die to St Jean. Worth reading up on Vercors in WW2, and if you're interested in history, the museum at Vassieux is moving, as is the Nécropole just as you turn left to go up to Col de la Chau.

There are some interesting places between Montélimar and Die if you go across the plain to Saoû.

Little swimming that I know of, other than Plan d'eau at Cornillon sur Oule, but that'd be out of your way, and quite av bit lumpier (though Nyons is nice of you do divert).

Happy to comment if you want to sketch out possible routes. Out of my area of expertise once you get north west of St Jean though, other than to say Point en Royans is well worth a visit.

roubaixtuesday

Yes, that's the best route to take from Die to St Jean. Worth reading up on Vercors in WW2, and if you're interested in history, the museum at Vassieux is moving, as is the Nécropole just as you turn left to go up to Col de la Chau.

There are some interesting places between Montélimar and Die if you go across the plain to Saoû.

Little swimming that I know of, other than Plan d'eau at Cornillon sur Oule, but that'd be out of your way, and quite av bit lumpier (though Nyons is nice of you do divert).

Happy to comment if you want to sketch out possible routes. Out of my area of expertise once you get north west of St Jean though, other than to say Point en Royans is well worth a visit.

Very helpful, thanks.

Exact routes will depend how we feel on reaching Montelimar, I think!

Top Bottom