My poor foot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domino

Veteran
I had a bit of an accident on Saturday. I walked passed a kitchen cupboard that was sticking out, and gave it a nudge to shut it then went on to the sink. It must have bounced out fully open because coming back I walked into it, tripped on it, right foot got caught underside and I fell over the top wrenching my right foot to buggery. I thought I'd broke it but x-rays show its just soft tissue damage. My foot is slowly turning purple. I'd booked this week off as well to DIY and cycling. 4 days in and I'm still limping.

The X-ray showed I have had a "minor" 5th metatarsal break in the past. Buggered if I know when that happened. I just wondered how serious these metatarsal injuries can be?

Globalti

Legendary Member
They happen when you get thrown out of pubs drunk.

Domino said:
The X-ray showed I have had a "minor" 5th metatarsal break in the past. Buggered if I know when that happened. I just wondered how serious these metatarsal injuries can be?

The 5th is the weakest point in the foot and is usually fractured by kicking something. Not even that hard, you just need to catch it wrong really. It's great fun when a patient tells you they tripped and hurt their foot looking at their images and asking what they kicked, with a knowing look on your face :biggrin: As with all breaks, look after it and it shouldn't give you any trouble so ling as it's set or strapped alright.

Top Bottom