my return to cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rabbike

Hi to all,

I gave up cycling 13 years ago when I changed career. I grew up cycling a lot but took it up as a serious sport in the 80's and 90's, started with mountain biking, then went on to being a roadie, doing time trailing and trying some racing. Did tons of charity rides here and abroad and in 1993 did Lands End to John O'groats.

So now I've suddenly got the urge to get back into cycling with a target to do the end to end again in four years time to celebrate a big birthday.
So the bike for all year round use has been ordered - a quest trainer/audax in allu, which I should have by the end of this week and I'm ready to get going.

What's amazing in this return to cycling is how things have changed and moved on in 13 years. The internet and forums - especially this one! And the bikes and equipment and CF for everything.

I look forward to learning a lot here!

Geoff;)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
this place (and its predecessors) certainly helped me get back into cycling (although my palmares was nothing like yours to begin with). it's always nice to share your problems/experiences and know that you're not alone…

welcome and enjoy cycle chat :biggrin:

mossy

Welcome geoff and good luck on the target.

Top Bottom