My search for the right bike for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
if your locking it outside to the rails you can get padlocks with built in alarms so if someone moves the lock/ bike it goes off after a number of seconds .
I use them inside my bike store ( but i do have ground anchors too and camera ) , uhm you can get ring camera , or similar doorbell cameras that can be attached looking at the bike as a deterrant ?

OP
OP
Loueese

Loueese

if your locking it outside to the rails you can get padlocks with built in alarms so if someone moves the lock/ bike it goes off after a number of seconds .
I use them inside my bike store ( but i do have ground anchors too and camera ) , uhm you can get ring camera , or similar doorbell cameras that can be attached looking at the bike as a deterrant ?
I'll try and get it into the flat. Keeping it on the landing will be a last resort. It wouldn't be in sight of any camera which I couldn't fit anyway.
Louise

vickster

Legendary Member
just don’t hurt yourself, taking front wheel off is easy, just turn bike upside down and undo skewer (assuming quick release)

OP
OP
Loueese

Loueese

just don’t hurt yourself, taking front wheel off is easy, just turn bike upside down and undo skewer (assuming quick release)
As I said, I don't have much room to manoeuvre. Taking off the front wheel would make it a bit lighter but I'd have to go up and down the stairs twice each time and it would be a lot of faffing around. I'll just have to practice and hopefully get better at handling the weight.
Louise

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If its only your staircase, not a common one, can you fashion something like this - even a strip of plywood would do it, so you could wheel it up rather than have to carry / bounce it up? as long as its removable for when you move on or landlord inspects then all is good!
1645802195077.png

having used them for access to like disused railway paths, they make a heck of a difference.

OP
OP
Loueese

Loueese

Thanks but it's common flights of stairs in the flats.
Louise

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
The flat stairs are a lot steeper than those ones! Also, since I barely have the strength to carry it then my cycling will be limited to on the flat - more or less.
Louise
Geddaway...
:biggrin::biggrin: velcro strap your feet to the pedals and try it...
What can go wrong?:wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom