My town is (in)famous for....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Although I live in Hanworth according to the Post Office I'm in Feltham home of (well at least birthplace of)
p55532ltjus.jpg

I'm not a fan !

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Also copied from Wiki
  • Freddie Mercury (1946–1991) of rock band Queen lived in Feltham 1964-1968; his parents were residents until shortly before he died
  • Singer Cheryl Cole lived in Feltham when she was aged 9–11
  • Film writer and director Edmund Goulding (1891–1959) was born in Feltham
  • Olympic gold medalist Athlete Mo Farah attended Feltham Community College

classic33

Leg End Member
If we're doing Wiki

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
ianrauk said:
Gary Rhodes.... eeerr... that's it.
If you can count Petts Wood as being kind of Orpington, one of the boffins that designed a lot of the electronics and communications in the Post Office Tower came from there. I can't remember his name but I really fancied his daughter, Janet. Sadly it was unrequited love/lust.... :sad:
(of Janet, not him before you ask)

The only thing I think Wollaston is famous for is that it's the home of Dr. Martens shoes (oh...and there's a road called "Bell End"!)

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Born in Stoke on Trent, so take your pick from J.Wedgwood, R.Williams and Lemmy.

Live in Buxton so I guess the bottled water is the most known thing.

Work in Macclesfield but dont have a clue im afraid.
Echo and the Bunnymen played at Buxton Opera House in 1981. Ian Curtis (Joy Division) was from Macc. And then there were the Macc Lads....

young Ed

Veteran
local vilage is the most haunted in england, Pluckely in kent. although i've never seen a ghost but plenty of drunken youths 'ghost hunting' and plenty of (sober) police on halloween, nothing but a pain in the back side for local residents :sad:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom