My vegetable casserols are improving each time.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Totally agree, we've been trying out different types of lentil, very underrated as a high protein food source. We're recent converts to Hendersons relish, adds lovely piquancy to a Veggie casserole đź‘Ť
I thought a lentil was a lentil.
Which type has proved to be the best?
How much do you add......I want it to be veg casserole as against veg & lentil casserole.

pjd57

Veteran
How much do you add......I want it to be veg casserole as against veg & lentil casserole.
Just a few spoonfuls will help thicken it without taking over.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Sorry for the delay in replying, Mrs Tenkay informs me that "puy" lentils are too small, red lentils she finds too hard, but yellow lentils are just right. (yellow split pea)
Depending on the casserole size then start with 2-3 heaped tablespoons and adjust to taste.

PK99

Legendary Member
I've been doing veggie casseroles and stews for many years. No recipe , just whatever needs to be used up.
Only fairly recently tried adding a couple of spoonfuls of lentils into the mix.
It really helps thicken it up. Soaking the lentils first speeds up the cooking process

Red lentils need no soaking and cook down very quickly.

Top Bottom