My wife say's...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
You must have a photo of it outside Royal Crescent

I forgot to take my phone with me. A few years ago the Fragrant MrsP and I cycled from Reading to Bath along the Kennet & Avon canal on normal bikes. We were booked to stay at the Royal Crescent hotel. You should have seen their faces when we turned up muddy and wet!

Edited for tryping ellors.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
I forgot to my phone with me. A few years ago the Fragrant MrsP and I cycled from Reading to Bath along the Kennet & Avon canal on normal bikes. We were booked to stay at the Royal Crescent hotel. You should have seen there faces when we turned up muddy and wet!

Stayed there about 20 years ago, lovely hotel

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
This is odd

IMG_4688.jpeg

January 2023
IMG_4687.jpeg

January 2024.
If I’d known yesterday, I could’ve rounded the total up.

A few gratuitous photos of the B with some additions. Decathlon bottle bag, Brooks Brown B17, QuadLock phone holder, an ‘Off Yer Bike’ carry handle and a Brompton back pack bag, which is utterly brilliant. Other additions; The Brompton tool kit is in the frame and the EZ clamp springs are on the clamps.
View attachment 696944

View attachment 696945

View attachment 696946

View attachment 696947

View attachment 696948

Bonus phots of my 55 year old Dawes Kingpin.

View attachment 696949

Is that bag on the Dawes new or NOS? I want one for my Raleigh

Ahh! lucky find and in the right colour too. It really looks the business. I'll keep looking

Tenkaykev

Guru
Another 6 months under the belt, another 250 miles of mostly utility rides and short commutes, the bike has been particularly useful when I have to transport mini buses to and from garages for services etc, I can drive to the bus park, put the bike in the passenger well, leave bus at garage, cycle to office, sod about there, and return.
Did that today in the cold bright sun, a little over 12 miles of fun riding.

I no longer have the gear rattle which is good, the bike is a joy to ride.

The Fragrant Mrs P and I are in the early stages of planning the second part of our Danube ride for later in the year.

I love these little bikes.

Looking back to those initial photo's I see the carry handle has a made in the Uk label? I purchased one from Ebay a few years ago but it was a bit naff. Where did you purchase yours?

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I was having a bit bother with Brompton gears yesterday, I gave given everything a good clean as it was a bit mucky around the derailleur and the gear indicator had move I adjusted the adjusty doodads and all is well.

https://www.offyerbike.com/

A most excellent bit of kit.

I bought the EZ Clamp springs shortly after seeing your earlier post, they work so well I’d forgotten that I’d fitted them! Now I feel another purchase coming on, the On Yer Shoulder handle looks like it could help an old weakling carry my folded B. through the building and up the stairs to my office. I’ll ask my minion and see what he says.

(PS in case anyone is worried that I’m a monstrous tyrant, I am the minion and Brompton porter!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Bijou updatette.
Turned over 1500 miles on the B today, with a very quick cobweb blower of a ride today, just five miles up the hill and back.
It’s been to six countries, ridden 50-60 miles days, loads of useful utility rides instead of using the car, and I’ve only been refused entry in one establishment in 18 months. ( I’m looking at you Italica in Seville😤) . I love this silly little bike.
IMG_4873.jpeg

Top Bottom