My wife say's...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
It’s blumen smashing! I was telling a colleague about it earlier today ( he has a Brompton) that I didn’t really have a problem with the stock saddle, but after having done about 150 miles on the Brooks, it’s so much more comfortable.

You know when a saddle is comfortable when you almost forget your sitting on it, if that makes sense.

ExBrit

Über Member
You know when a saddle is comfortable when you almost forget your sitting on it, if that makes sense.

You know it's uncomfortable when sitting on a concrete curb provides relief.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
One year today! Crikey where’s the time gone?

1024.06 mikes on the Brompton, 3 Tours, 4 countries, lots of commutes, and many leisure rides.

A few additions, carry handle which is utterly brilliant, a Quadlock, a Brompton backpack bag, a Decathlon bottle holder and a brown Brooks leather saddle.

I’ve hardly ridden my other bikes, (less than 500 miles on them) , the Brompton is such a versatile bit of kit. I mostly keep it in the car, and often park away from my destination, and cycle the rest of the way.

It has some battle scars, from being thrown around and used, which irked me at first, but I’m done with that now, it’s a tool, I can’t keep fussing over each little knock.

I’ve had some challenges with it, derailleur adjustments and irritating rattles but that’s all sorted now.

Some photos from this years shenanigans.

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1951.jpeg

Chain came off!
IMG_2089.jpeg

IMG_2220.jpeg

IMG_2318.jpeg

Honolulu
IMG_2350.jpeg

Maui
IMG_3316.jpeg

IMG_3331.jpeg

The Danube.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I’m not sure, I thought the novelty would wear off, but they are fun bike to ride, versatile, practical. I love it and wish I had bought one years ago.

I bought one years ago...and then liked it so much, I bought another!
A 6spd with double chainset for the odd tour/load-lugging, utility etc with M+, and an unfettered 2 speed with Contis just for fun!

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Well, it had to happen eventually. My first rear wheel puncture today, fortunately I was about 2 miles from home when I noticed it. A slow one, but stopped to bung some air in which got me the rest of the way home.

On to the tube of you to see how best to remove the rear wheel, which is not that difficult as it turns out, but one probably wouldn’t want to do it at night in the pi$$ing rain.

Culprit found tube repaired. Now I know what to do.

IMG_3784.jpeg

IMG_3785.jpeg

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another 6 months under the belt, another 250 miles of mostly utility rides and short commutes, the bike has been particularly useful when I have to transport mini buses to and from garages for services etc, I can drive to the bus park, put the bike in the passenger well, leave bus at garage, cycle to office, sod about there, and return.
Did that today in the cold bright sun, a little over 12 miles of fun riding.

I no longer have the gear rattle which is good, the bike is a joy to ride.

The Fragrant Mrs P and I are in the early stages of planning the second part of our Danube ride for later in the year.

I love these little bikes.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
That I have a Brompton shaped hole in my life. Every time I see one I keep telling her I need/want/must have one. I think they are really cool, useful, practicle amd fun. I have ridden one and I still want one. She doesn't see the point of them, bless her.

The thing is I don't need one, there, I said it, I can't think of single time I would use it, I suppose I could keep it in the car " just in case" .

I'm guessing that most Brompton owners have one for mainly practical reasons, storage, commuting, not just for a lark.

I think I need help.

What has "need" got to do with it, if you want one, and you can afford one, then get one! ;)

simongt

Guru
Taking mine whilst I'm near Hawes for a few days. As I'm staying about a kilometre from Hawes, just makes any wee trip into the toon quicker, but there's the option of walking and much better than using the car. :okay:

Top Bottom