My wife say's...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
We could create an organisation that tests and certifies cars in terms of how well a Brompton fit's into the boot. We give red (doesn't fit) /yellow (does fit, but not upright or not very well)/green (does fit upright and safely w/o hassle) ratings and an additional "excellent" star if more than one fits. Obviously we charge big for the certification but in exchange car manufacturers receive a nicely shaped logo and can advertise that they are certified for Brompton use which will boost their sales to the sky. Which will then lead to all car manufacturers having a Brompton in mind when designing new cars and - even more important - more certifications and thus more money for us.
With the money we earn we can buy T-lines for everyone and later on an island of our own that we rename to Brompton island. It will be shaped in the form of a folded Bromton and have a test track around it. Who is in?

The island could have several promontories each in the shape of the various handlebar options " I'm just taking my T line around the P line..."

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Despite the popularity of SUVs or whatever the likes of Q5s etc call themselves, a traditional estate car is far more practical and the luggage area is better shaped and proportioned and doesn't rely on piling stuff up. Also more aerodynamic / fuel efficient and rides better.

Kell

Veteran
I know we’re dragging this massively off-topic, but our A6 was one of the Le Mans special editions. Too low and too long.

Despite having quattro in (not even that) deep snow it would beach itself. It also wouldn’t go on the drive of our old house as it had a peak and it would ground out.

Speed bumps were a problem as you couldn’t straddle them and the final straw was the fact that my wife found it too low for her back.

I think I would have preferred something like an A6 Allroad or a Volvo XC70 Cross Country. Slightly higher up, but not a full-on SUV.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Mrs Pythagoras would probably have said, well, I'm no Euclidean mathematician but he's always banging on about the importance of a fact that he's supposedly discovered, “In a right-angled triangle, the square of the hypotenuse side is equal to the sum of squares of the other two sides“.
Can you eat it? Can you wear it? Will it pay the bills? I keep telling him, never mind all this airy fairy stuff. Get off yer behind and get a job! Does he listen? Any way, what's a rear triangle? What's a frame? What's a Brompton? What's a bicycle?

To get back off topic again if you have Brompton and a hankering for a Mk 2 Mazda MX-5, you may indulge yourself. Mine fitted perfectly in the boot (though if you have an extending seatpost, maybe not). For that matter you can also fit a split Moulton AM in one too (so long as you don’t mind the front half sitting in the passenger footwell/ seat)

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Update: I got some Brompton swag for my birthday recently. I am ‘Brand’ junkie.

2E742761-3C53-4430-8FCE-B08902A141C4.jpeg

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Interested to learn about your experiences with the Brompton Backpack! I've waited for years that Brompton would release one but once they did I did not like the looks - so no personal experience but very curious. I was lucky and managed to get hold of a slightly used Lumabag Urban Traveller instead via classifieds (so achievable) and like it very much.

I shall report back from time to time, thus far I’ve had a short 7 mile trip using it to town and back today, I am pleased to report that expectations have been met.

DECE8B0E-E4B1-4E82-9C94-F4DBCC9B804B.jpeg

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
A bijou updatette.

Almost a year since I bought the B, almost 900 miles ridden, 3 tours, 4 countries. No major changes, and it’s been a joy to own and ride. I bought the OFF YER BIKE carry handle, which is excellent, a Decathlon fabric bottle holder, cheap as chips and useful for keys and other items. I have just added a Quadlock phone holder, but not used it yet, and a Brown Brooks B17 which I ordered today.

IMG_3326.jpeg

Slovakia.

IMG_2318.jpeg

Hawaii.

Top Bottom