MyCyclingLog down again?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It is starting to resurface! :okay:

I finally managed to get a screen to pop up but it won't let me log in and it says that new registrations are temporarily disabled.

'Contact Support' seems to be working though I haven't tried to do that.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
Just tried to log in without success

Things are changing rapidly, I just got this
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 13.59.38.jpg

ColinJ

My last MCL backup was Christmas Eve and I have not done a lot of riding since then. As time goes by this year, however, I am going to be accumulating lots of rides and I will not want to have to type them all up at a much later date. I'll give it another week or 2 but will move on to another system if MCL has not returned by then.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My last MCL backup was Christmas Eve and I have not done a lot of riding since then. As time goes by this year, however, I am going to be accumulating lots of rides and I will not want to have to type them all up at a much later date. I'll give it another week or 2 but will move on to another system if MCL has not returned by then.

If you use Strava use this when it comes back. http://mcgalliard.org/eddington/index.php

if you don't use Strava but do use a GPS device, you can set yourself up a Strava account and mark everything as private so no one can see anything and use the above when it comes back, you can then get rid of the Strava account if you wish.

credit as usual to @jefmcg

Now I have her attention :whistle: @jefmcg Is there a simple way I can get my mileage per ride on Strava to two decimal places? Just found Veloviewer shows distance to two decimal places

Last edited:

ColinJ

If you use Strava use this when it comes back. http://mcgalliard.org/eddington/index.php

if you don't use Strava but do use a GPS device, you can set yourself up a Strava account and mark everything as private so no one can see anything and use the above when it comes back, you can then get rid of the Strava account if you wish.

credit as usual to @jefmcg

Now I have her attention :whistle: @jefmcg Is there a simple way I can get my mileage per ride on Strava to two decimal places?
My cousin is really into Strava and he set me up with an account while we were down in Devon last September but I never got into using it. Maybe I will take another look.

Is there any way to import a MCL csv backup file?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My cousin is really into Strava and he set me up with an account while we were down in Devon last September but I never got into using it. Maybe I will take another look.

From MCL to Strava? I don't know, I very much doubt it as MCL just has basic information

From MCL to Strava? I don't know, I very much doubt it as MCL just has basic information
Theoretically it should be possible, because you can create a ride in strava with just as scant information as MCL stores, but no I don't think there is a way to do it. Not much demand, I guess.

Now I have her attention :whistle: @jefmcg Is there a simple way I can get my mileage per ride on Strava to two decimal places?
No I don't think so. I think the only way is via the API, and while that is quite robust it's not trivial to use. It requires coding.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Theoretically it should be possible, because you can create a ride in strava with just as scant information as MCL stores, but no I don't think there is a way to do it. Not much demand, I guess.

No I don't think so. I think the only way is via the API, and while that is quite robust it's not trivial to use. It requires coding.

Cheers, I've now found I can get my mileage to 2 decimal places from Veloviewer, since MCL has gone down I've "lost" 0.4 miles from Strava rounding to 1 decimal place :laugh:

ColinJ

Back up file you say....hmmm....if only I'd realised that was a thing before I lost 3 years' data! :sad:
Yikes - bad luck!

This has happened several times in the past and the site has always come back up eventually. Assuming that it does return, then select 'View' and you will see a link towards the top of the page. (I obviously can't confirm at the moment, but I think it was top right, and said something like 'Save Data'). Click the link and export your data in whatever format suits you. I use CSV so I could easily get the data into a spreadsheet if I wanted to.

Cheers, I've now found I can get my mileage to 2 decimal places from Veloviewer, since MCL has gone down I've "lost" 0.4 miles from Strava rounding to 1 decimal place :laugh:
Someone has to do some coding. Kudos for letting Veloviewer do it for you :biggrin:

I could probably knock something together ... is there much (any) demand?

(I'm in the mood for pottering)

ColinJ

It's back up and working
Yay ... Back up, so backup! :okay:
... select 'View' and you will see a link towards the top of the page. (I obviously can't confirm at the moment, but I think it was top right, and said something like 'Save Data'). Click the link and export your data in whatever format suits you. I use CSV so I could easily get the data into a spreadsheet if I wanted to.
My memory was playing tricks on me - it is 'Export to CSV' with no choice of any other format.

I could probably knock something together ... is there much (any) demand?

(I'm in the mood for pottering)
If it is free, gratis, and for nothing - yes! :okay:

Yikes - bad luck!

This has happened several times in the past and the site has always come back up eventually. Assuming that it does return, then select 'View' and you will see a link towards the top of the page. (I obviously can't confirm at the moment, but I think it was top right, and said something like 'Save Data'). Click the link and export your data in whatever format suits you. I use CSV so I could easily get the data into a spreadsheet if I wanted to.

Done. Thanks for that. It doesn't seem to export details of which bike was used for which rides which is a shame (makes noting things like mileage on tyres and other components impossible) but better than nothing. And good news that the site is back up now anyway.

Top Bottom