Mystic Meg - RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
If it makes you happy then you keep believing it. But as pointed out up thread it has never been proven to a scientific standard.

Science will never prove a god exists but this explosion we are in happened some how.

She was more famous in that mystic Meg entered our nation's cultural lexicon in a way Russell Grant's name didn't. Example, "who are you. Mystic Meg or something?" I've heard a phrase like that being used before now.

My great gran I believe had the tealeaves reading thing going on, diet before I was born. My gran had a good friend who allegedly had psychic ability especially with tealeaves. My mum had a reading as a kid and despite not believing in it she turned out to be right with a few key things like her meeting my dad and us kids. Although guessing you'd get some things right so none of us took it at face value. It was just entertainment fluff. Not real.

The one good thing about astrologers is their also got knowledge in astronomy, the only part of it that's real.

Science will never prove a god exists but this explosion we are in happened some how.

I think possibly you are thinking about how it's impossible to prove a negative, you can't prove God doesn't exist. Similarly you can't prove a belief based thing like psychics is not real. As proven by that Rand bloke saying that most claimants for the randi prize didn't believe they failed the tests because they didn't have the ability they claimed they had. Basically left the failed test still believing in their ability.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
She was more famous in that mystic Meg entered our nation's cultural lexicon in a way Russell Grant's name didn't. Example, "who are you. Mystic Meg or something?" I've heard a phrase like that being used before now.

Who do you think you are, Septic Peg?

My great gran I believe had the tealeaves reading thing going on, diet before I was born. My gran had a good friend who allegedly had psychic ability especially with tealeaves. My mum had a reading as a kid and despite not believing in it she turned out to be right with a few key things like her meeting my dad and us kids. Although guessing you'd get some things right so none of us took it at face value. It was just entertainment fluff. Not real.

The one good thing about astrologers is their also got knowledge in astronomy, the only part of it that's real.

We had a family friend who was told as a child that she'd live until she was 99.

She died a few months after her 99th birthday.
Coincidence? Maybe, but living to that age is notable in itself.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A photographer pal of mine worked on and off for a local paper where they published Mystic Meg or Russel Grant's horoscope each day. On e day one of editorial staff was in a tis as the day's forecast hadn't arrived and they needed to go to print. "Don't be daft" said her boss Just make some stuff up". This was a fairly regular thing apparently. They were paying for the name rather than the actual content

Last edited:

newts

Veteran
Explosion?

When Sceptic Peg created the universe.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Explosion?

I'd also describe it as that. Belief in any God, prophet or whatever is fine, but "explosions" happen when it becomes a moral and lawful standard to believe in such things. Hence many of our laws and regulations being base don Christian belief (supermarkets not being able to open more than 6 hours on a sunday for example). And in years gone by you could be locked up or even killed for not believing in this tripe

Milzy

Guru
Explosion?

Yes the Big Bang. You can see the start of it. I read that gases collected in space and the shear weight of them compacting together caused the explosion which created stars. Who put the gas particles there which were responsible for the birth of our universe though?

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Yes the Big Bang. You can see the start of it. I read that gases collected in space and the shear weight of them compacting together caused the explosion which created stars. Who put the gas particles there which were responsible for the birth of our universe though?

There were no particles at the singularity - hence there could not have been any 'gas'.
There was also no 'space'.
Why attribute agency to it?
Why not a 'what' instead of a 'who'?

Milzy

Guru
Look I’ve studied Professor Brian Cox and the explosion was caused by something. So a void must have been present for the gases to cause the explosion. We don’t know much about the very beginnings of the universe. I put my faith in Doctor Cox and he was even the Drummer out of Dream, they formed in his uni days. Things can only get better? Sadly for our planet they can only get worse.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Look I’ve studied Professor Brian Cox and the explosion was caused by something. So a void must have been present for the gases to cause the explosion. We don’t know much about the very beginnings of the universe. I put my faith in Doctor Cox and he was even the Drummer out of Dream, they formed in his uni days. Things can only get better? Sadly for our planet they can only get worse.

Keyboard player.

Top Bottom