N+1 Tiddles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
First load on the trailer, a bagged up marquee. Not a great weight.
DSC_0430.jpg

It can stand folded except for the camber of the road.
DSC_0429.jpg

Even works folded.
DSC_0433.jpg

The trailer doesn't track as well as the Ratrike trailer as its dynamic is more like an Artic trailer and cuts in bit. I got up to 20mph weaving through traffic in York this afternoon.

This is a close up of the hitch.
DSC_0432.jpg

Arch weighed it, only 4kg all in, her trailer is 7kg. Most of the weight is in the steel insert and airline QR fitting on the hitch.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
I just heard that the chap I bought Tiddles from has passed away.
:sad:
RIP Chad.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I just heard that the chap I bought Tiddles from has passed away.
:sad:
RIP Chad.

RIP indeed.:sad:

Although knowing him, if there's an afterlife, he's in it playing weird music no one else has ever heard of, and cobbling woodwork together with odd screws, put in with a hammer.

Our new caretaker discovered the other day that the whiteboard in the office was hanging on the top two screws only, the bottom two corner screws having been stuck into bits of bluetac stuck behind the holes. I think I know who put it up.;)

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
I have moved the trailer axle back, 170mm, to the back end of the trailer. I decided to aluminium braze the axle in place and trust that as none of the other brazing has failed then it should be ok with the axle. The axle is still physically trapped in the trailer frame so I wouldn't lose it altogether if the braze did fail. This will be a serious test of the brazing as there is no other mechanical connection to rely on.

I will post a photo when I next take it out with a load.:smile:

Took it out for a test run with some granite cobbles in the plastic crates.
DSC_1337.JPG

I also decided to make and then braze a Brompton luggage socket onto the underside of the trailer so that I can make use of the my rear Brompton block.
It means I have an option for when I don't fancy towing an empty trailer.
DSC_1341.JPG

DSC_1342.JPG

DSC_1343.JPG

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
This weekend I will be in York to do a thorough underside examination of Beryl the EV with a view to a repair and restoration of her rusty parts. I figured I would need to take a decent sized trolley jack and some axle stands, along with a bucket of inspection tools (hammers and picks). I will, of course be driving to York (I'm not that hard core!) but to get from my parking space to St Nicholas Fields I will be cycling with my trailer.
DSC_1473.JPG

A set of scales shows it as 56kg of trolley jack, stands and tools on an aluminum trailer that only weighs 5.6kg.

Times like this I wish I had trailer brakes.:ohmy:

Summerking

Veteran
Sry if this is late, but what a great colour! very nice indeed.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
My latest device!
DSC_1688a.jpg

It is made from the top end of a broken crutch, brazed onto another of my Brompton sockets, and fitted to Tiddles' rear Brompton block.

It is for hanging my rucksack onto when ordinary block mounted luggage won't do.
DSC_1689a.jpg

Also, if the rucksack is taller then the mount can be raised to lift it higher for clearance.
DSC_1691a.jpg

It also works when Tiddles is folded.
DSC_1693a.jpg

Now, what shall I make next?

Top Bottom