N+1 time (again; oops!).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Found this for sale not too far from home, so I'm off to pick it up later (assuming it's as clean as it looks and all is legit.).

If it looks familiar, it's because I already have the orange version of the same bike! Crazy? Maybe, but I have plans to swap some parts around and turn one of them into more of an off road tourer, with a rigid carbon fork (from my spares bin). For the price it looks good, and if my plans change I might sell it on in the spring, maybe even at a profit!

It's orange brother, with carbon fork fitted (currently it is wearing it's RockShox)..

Last edited:
well, that looks like a good time!

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
When you're letting someone else take the hit for the depreciation, and buying bikes with double-digit ages, you can afford to have as many N+1's as you want and still not break the bank. Not forgetting if you resell later, in all probability you will get back more or less what you paid so it takes the risk out of making a bad purchase choice.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Are the forks the right way round?

I would say yes because the axle is ahead of the steerer tube axis. Although straight, there is an effective fork rake, and some trail.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Are the forks the right way round?
Yes; otherwise the disc brake caliper mounts would be on the leading edge of the fork!
Those forks have now been swapped for the RockShox from the orange Trek mtb; which has in turn been fitted with the carbon rigid fork which it was wearing in the photo in the OP..

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
When you're letting someone else take the hit for the depreciation, and buying bikes with double-digit ages, you can afford to have as many N+1's as you want and still not break the bank. Not forgetting if you resell later, in all probability you will get back more or less what you paid so it takes the risk out of making a bad purchase choice.

that’s what I do, I’ve never lost money on a bike.

Top Bottom