Names for Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Achtung, Spuckenfeuer!!!

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm seeing a black frame with white letters and a red& yellow border.

Badge would be sorted too...
Complete the look
images-7.jpg

marmite-tandem-JKTHAR.jpg

I was thinking more of Monty Python's Brian, That way as you ride you can tell him he isn't the Messiah and if he misbehaves he is a naughty boy.

Just wondering how you tell the Gender of a Bike. German isn't any help: Das Fahrrad is neuter...

A quick Googoil suggested Louison Bobet, from the 60s. Tres formidable!

That's pretty awesome, thanks.

You got me searching a bit for famous cyclists, and while googling I found Gino Bartali:

Gino Bartali... (18 July 1914 – 5 May 2000), named... ...Ginettaccio, was a champion road cyclist. He was the most renowned Italian cyclist before the Second World War, having won the Giro d'Italia twice (1936, 1937) and the Tour de France in 1938. After the war he added one more victory in each event: the Giro d'Italia in 1946 and the Tour de France in 1948. His second and last Tour de France victory in 1948 gave him the largest gap between victories in the race.[3]

In September 2013, 13 years after his death, Bartali was recognised as a "Righteous Among the Nations" by Yad Vashem for his efforts to aid Jews during World War II.

His help to the Jews was quite extensive:

Bartali earned respect for his work in helping Jews who were being persecuted by the Nazis during the time of the Italian Social Republic. It emerged in December 2010 that Bartali had hidden a Jewish family in his cellar and, according to one of the survivors, saved their lives in doing so.[15]

Bartali used his fame to carry messages and documents to the Italian Resistance. Bartali cycled from Florence through Tuscany, Umbria, and Marche, sometimes traveling as far afield as Rome, all the while wearing the racing jersey emblazoned with his name. Neither the Fascist police nor the German troops risked discontent by arresting him.

Bartali was eventually taken to Villa Triste in Florence. The SD and the Italian RSS official Mario Carità questioned Bartali, threatening his life.[20] Bartali simply answered, "I do what I feel [in my heart]". Bartali continued working with the Assisi Network. In 1943, he led Jewish refugees towards the Swiss Alps himself. He cycled, pulling a wagon with a secret compartment, telling patrols it was just part of his training. Bartali told his son Andrea only that "One does these things and then that's that".

Ginettaccio sounds pretty cool...

Top Bottom