Nashbar Steel or Viking Racemaster?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the differences are kinda irrelevant and it's pointless comparing. If you want a geared bike, buy the nashbar - if you want a single speed, buy the other one.

Col5632

Guru
For that kinda money the only bike i would be looking at is the Triban 3 :thumbsup: if i wasnt so set on getting an orbea then i would get one :bicycle:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

For that kinda money the only bike i would be looking at is the Triban 3 :thumbsup: if i wasnt so set on getting an orbea then i would get one :bicycle:

The Triban 3 is atleast another £100, I'm going with the Nashbar. Will update when it arrives in a week :whistle:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Besides, the Triban only comes in a 54cm, I need a 52.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It is your money, do as you wish with it. But I would like to let you know that bike sizing is not universal, you might not need a 52cm for all brands, size is geometry dependant and also dependant on the measurement method the manufacturer uses to size the frames.

Of all measurements, horizontal or virtual top tube length is the most important measurement, yet bikes are generally sized middle of bottom bracket to centre of top tube intersection (this means a sloping top tube will result in a small number, even if the actual location of the contact points is more like that of a larger claimed size bike which has a horizontal top tube) or to the top of the seat tube.

lordloveaduck

+1 I thought you were getting a Triban 3 giftes to you in two months? That bike will have a very small return price when flogged.

TBH - spending £200+ on a steel bike with downtube shifters is going to be a bit of a false economy anyway - and if that's the kind of bike you really want, then you can get them s/h out of the small ads in most local papers for less than half that.

Downtube shifters have been obsolete for around 20 years now, so I'd be inclined to get something a bit more up to date...

colinr

The Viking is quite weighty for a single speed, could be quite a workout until you get used to it but would be ok for a city commuter / runaround.

The Nashville looks cheap all over.

If you don't have the extra £80 I'd save up or look at second hand. You'll end up with a much better bike and if you decide it's not for you, it has a decent resale value as others have said.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I just think for that little extra its worth waiting for ;)

So many different opinions.

• My local Gumtree is bare, there are no good bikes on it.
  • The Tribans frame is too big for me right now, I will be getting it in two months.
  • Right now, I have a strict budget of £200. No more.

So many different opinions.

• My local Gumtree is bare, there are no good bikes on it.
  • The Tribans frame is too big for me right now, I will be getting it in two months.
  • Right now, I have a strict budget of £200. No more.

You could always get off the internet and use your feet.. ;) Ask in bike shops. They may know of bikes for sale and a lot of them will have taken bikes like that in PX and you may get lucky.

For £200 I would NOT be looking to buy new.

Top Bottom