National Championships **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Just followed it on the British Cycling twitter feed. Seemed to me, jowwy, that Dowsett didn't go out hard enough in the first half of the race. The second half stats look fairly comparable, or was it more a case of Wiggins just blowing everyone away early on and then hanging on to that advantage?

U

User482

Phenomenal ride from Sarah Storey to take 3rd - at the age of 36 and just a year after having a baby.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Sarah Storey and Katie Archibald's performances were no surprise, they have been doing good times in local opens and club 10's all year. Pretty sure Sarah Storey did a long 21 a few weeks ago in a local 10.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Just followed it on the British Cycling twitter feed. Seemed to me, jowwy, that Dowsett didn't go out hard enough in the first half of the race. The second half stats look fairly comparable, or was it more a case of Wiggins just blowing everyone away early on and then hanging on to that advantage?
In the first 5 miles of the race bradley just looked like he was smooth and powerful, slower cadence than the rest and absolutely rock solid on the bike, even into the corners. By the time he got to us at 5 miles he had already taken time out of G and dowsett. On the second lap when he went by he had taken 1min 15 out of G and over a minute out of dowsett. Maybe he recce'd the course better than the rest. But with the set-up of the course i think bradleys undoubted power was always going to make it hard for the resr to beat him

The Couch

Über Member
No Contador in Spanish champs, no Mollema in Dutch champs....etc, etc..
In Belgium everybody (eligible as pro racer) is obliged to start.

Since this year is about as climber unfriendly as can be, basically if I was JVDB I'd get off the bike right after the official start (crash-prone anybody??)

MisterStan

Label Required
In Belgium everybody (eligible as pro racer) is obliged to start.

Since this year is about as climber unfriendly as can be, basically if I was JVDB I'd get off the bike right after the official start (crash-prone anybody??)
Really? I actually think that's a good idea - you really get an idea of the true champion I suppose.

laurence

Veteran
No Contador in Spanish champs, no Mollema in Dutch champs....etc, etc..

don't bring logic and facts into this discussion, you'll confuse the wiggo fanboys and girls.

Top Bottom