National circuit tt champs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Rode over to Llandeilo today to watch the National circuit TT champs.

Wiggo was awesome here he is passing my bike on the last turn of the circuit.
And Hutchinson and Hayles and most fo the rest of the field too.

2mq50fd.jpg

Not many watching it was wet and very windy. BBc were there cameraman said it would be on BBc2 on Fri.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Whether looks a bit inclement! Did he glance sideways and admire your machine? :biggrin:

Was there too, in the town on the Kings Road junction, in a florescent vest acting as a marshal and back up broom wagon driver!

The weather was ok up with us LD, though they said it was raining around Dryslwn and the castle.

I was watching down at the turn from Dryslwyn onto the coach road, the weather wasn't too bad there - a bit drizzly for a while but it seemed to dry pretty quickly afterwards. A couple of riders seemd to hit a manhole cover or grating just round the corner (you could hear the disc wheels booming..) but all got round safely.
Rob Hayles was grinning the first time round, but not the second or third! Moved up to the bridge below the castle for the later laps, it was very noticable how much faster the big names were coming down the hill. Unforunately Rob Partridge got badly baulked by a campervan deliberately (it seemed) refusing to take any notice of him or marshals or anyone else (words were being exchanged) but this was the only incident I saw, all other drivers and tractors were notably gracious and patient.
Emma Pooley is tiny (and cute as a very fast bug).

Thanks to all the marshals and officials and to Gerard Oram for organising it all.

oldroadman

Veteran
I was watching down at the turn from Dryslwyn onto the coach road, the weather wasn't too bad there - a bit drizzly for a while but it seemed to dry pretty quickly afterwards. A couple of riders seemd to hit a manhole cover or grating just round the corner (you could hear the disc wheels booming..) but all got round safely.
Rob Hayles was grinning the first time round, but not the second or third! Moved up to the bridge below the castle for the later laps, it was very noticable how much faster the big names were coming down the hill. Unforunately Rob Partridge got badly baulked by a campervan deliberately (it seemed) refusing to take any notice of him or marshals or anyone else (words were being exchanged) but this was the only incident I saw, all other drivers and tractors were notably gracious and patient.
Emma Pooley is tiny (and cute as a very fast bug).

There's always one, isn't there.....

Emma is so tiny you wonder where all the strength is hidden away!

Thanks to all the marshals and officials and to Gerard Oram for organising it all.

Spot on, this race seems to get better each time, a REAL time trial, not one of your main road bashing events for boosting egos with the aid of traffic.

Looking at the photo again, I think I was standing opposite Lukesdad without realising it...

if you were sitting on the grass verge next to the Dolan wearing a red top then I was one of the two fellas opposite you - I was/still am the short ars##d one with the camera - I now have several photos of you with the front or back wheels of various riders entering or leaving the frame.

And the tea and fruit cake in Llandeilo Rugby Club was exactly as it should have been!

Top Bottom