National Drive Like a Tw@t Day???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Is it national "drive like a tw@t" day or maybe national "ignore any bicycles" day???
Today on my short ride I have encountered lots of completely stupid/dangerous drivers, considerably more than I would normally expect.
One taxi driver was so bad I had to report it to the Police and local taxi authority.

Had a coach driver go into one with me on Waterloo rounderbout.Yes I know I may have commited a cardinal sin but was it a good idea to go into one especially as Iwas quite happy to let him go first.Then all the usual messroom banter,road tax rljing blah blah blah.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
For all the past 3 or so months I have been recording my commute this week seems to be the worst. Rarely do I feel my life/health is in danger when commuting but this week lots of potential collisions only avoided by my quick emergency actions. On the positive side it will add some more interesting videos to my YouTube channel.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Been good for me the past few weeks. You have ups and downs. The downs make you realise how good the ups are

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Hopefully this down will not last any longer, spending too much time editing videos.

Crankarm

Guru
Could it be a co-incidence that it is half term and the mercury has risen 10 degrees this week? Some road users just seem to lose the plot whatever vehicle they are controlling. Be careful out there.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
They were driving fine at 5 am this morning, well the few i did see;).

They probably were going mental with the screaming from the kids in the back seat .
Not videoing commute this week as there are not enough drivers around when i am on night shift and the muvi clones have had a fit of taking a long time to recharge.

dondare

Über Member
In my experience, there are two types of weather that bring out the worst in drivers, or possibly bring out the worst drivers.
Hot sunny weather is one.
Heavy rain is the other.

battered

Guru
Drive like a tw*t day? That's every day in Leeds, it seems. Go careful out there.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
dondare said:
In my experience, there are two types of weather that bring out the worst in drivers, or possibly bring out the worst drivers.
Hot sunny weather is one.
Heavy rain is the other.

Or combine both, heavy rain after a few days of hot weather. all the numpties speeding round in 'mummys car'.

stevepratt48

Ever noticed how many drivers seem preoccupied with their crotches?
Couldn't be that texting is seen as safer (To them!) as the plod don't seem to notice as many as I seem to!!
Makes my skin crawl when I hear a carr approaching from behind, these days.....
:angry:

rb58

Enigma
It's not just the drivers that seem to have lost their heads at the moment. Last couple of weeks there seem to have been a lot of new cyclists on my commute and way too many of them seem to think the red traffic light only applies to cars. Keep thinking I'll put them all into a compilation for YouTube.......

dondare

Über Member
stevepratt48 said:
Ever noticed how many drivers seem preoccupied with their crotches?
Couldn't be that texting is seen as safer (To them!) as the plod don't seem to notice as many as I seem to!!
Makes my skin crawl when I hear a carr approaching from behind, these days.....
:wahhey:
Some of them will be texting. Some of them really are playing with their crotches. It's the hot weather that brings out this behavior.

Top Bottom