National Treasures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

purpleR said:
Actually I've got an irrational dislike of Helen Mirren, and the tabloids perpetuate myths that are loads worse than national treasures. I just think there must be a better reason to like/dislike her, rather than the size of her breasts?

As an avid tabloid reader, I'm pretty damn sure the term National Treasure originated in one of them.

I don't personally have an irrational dislike of Helen Mirren, I liked excalibur and think she is great actress, and I think she is a very attractive woman for her age.

I'm just saying that if the National Treasure stuff had been invented by the broadsheets, or the economist for example, then a smaller busted woman would have been equally in the running.

Keith Oates

Janner
As a national treasure The Queen heads my list by a country mile.

Following on the other celebrity theme:

David Attenbourgh
Terry Wogan
Patrick Moore
Ronnie Barker

There are of course others but that's enough for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps Glad Kylie is an Aussie as there would be several thousand above her in any list I made.

Noodley

Right, I have just realised that I have been drawn into the "tabloid treasure" scam.

I admit I gave some thought to my nominations, yet on reflection none of them are "treasures", and that is maybe why I found it difficult - they are not "treasures" but are decent people who I think may stand out as representing some "value" I hold or held at some point in my life.

Keith Oates

Janner
Noodley said:
Right, I have just realised that I have been drawn into the "tabloid treasure" scam.

I admit I gave some thought to my nominations, yet on reflection none of them are "treasures", and that is maybe why I found it difficult - they are not "treasures" but are decent people who I think may stand out as representing some "value" I hold or held at some point in my life.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that, Noodley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abitrary

Noodley said:
Yeh he is isn;t he. :thumbsup: And that Ray Winston.... It's all wrong

And Hoskins and Mirren were both in The Long Good Friday together.

National treasures? More like a whole pile of bullcrap

Noodley

purpleR said:
arbitrary, maybe you're right, I find it a depressing thought though (about the tabloids, not you being right :sad:)

He is right. I don't read the tabloids (I don't read any 'papers) but I can now see how the moronic media are influencing people to attach meaning to the meaningless. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom