National Treasures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Just watching footage of Bruce Forsyth at 80, it occurred to me he's a bit of a national treasure. Who else would you say is a National Treasure?

I'd go for Brucie, Ronnie Corbett, Terry Wogan, Felicity Kendal, Stephen Fry (contentious, this one, I know) and the Queen.

Any advances?

wafflycat

Sorry, Brucie does not do it for me. Never has done. To me he never comes across as quite as funny as he thinks he is. Sorry :sad:

Ronnie Corbett: definitely

Saint David of Attenborough: the man is a god, never mind a treasure :sad:

Victoria Wood
Julie Walters
The two Johns: Bird & Fortune
Mark Thomas
Aubrey Manning
Heinz Wolff: my favourite mad scientist

gavintc

Guru
Brucie is a national disgrace not a treasure. He is well past his sell by date (about 40 yrs in my opinion) and should be banned from appearing on television. A lecherous, unfunny, boring old man.

Rob S

Stephen Fry.
Dame Judy Dench.
Delia.
Murray Walker.

purpleR

Guru
I agree with Cathryn, Brucie is definitely a national treasure.
Edwin Morgan
Clement Freud
Humphrey Lyttleton
Johnny Ball
Richard Briers

Wafflycat - Aubrey Manning was a teacher of mine at uni! What a guy. And I think Ronnie Corbett grew up around here. Don't reckon he's a NT though. I also take exception to Delia being on this list!

wafflycat

purpleR said:
Wafflycat - Aubrey Manning was a teacher of mine at uni! What a guy. And I think Ronnie Corbett grew up around here. Don't reckon he's a NT though.

Oh yes, for 'Earth Story' if for nothing else, Aubrey Manning is a national treasure. In that, he's on a par with St David of Attenborough, but the output of StDoA is greater.

gavintc

Guru
purpleR said:
Amy Winehouse (maybe in years to come?)

Sadly, I don't think she will last long enough to become a treasure. She has an amazing voice and talent, but I don't think she will be around for more than 5 yrs and I do not think we will see a 2nd album. Very sad - better than most.

Top Bottom