Need Help for (biking) Wind Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
i dont think you can get a helmet attatchment. how about a scullcap that extends to the ears like the one below
image.jpg

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Use a buff or a skull cap. I use a buff most of year and a skull cap during the colder winter months. Some skull caps have perforations for the ears to allow sound through but these tend to whistle, so I just buy ones without the perforations.

Was anyone else hoping they would find a cure to the other type of wind noise some times made while biking?

:eek::shy:

I had beans last night...

DRHysted

Guru
Google cat ears in cycling but they look naff

I am trying some cat ears at the moment, as anything above 10 mph results in me only hearing a high whistle (might as well put earphones in for all I can hear).
To date (and I've only had them fitted a week), they've done nothing to improve the situation. But all my rides have been in higher than normal winds.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Either don't wear a helmet or get your straps as tight as you can without strangling.

flappy straps add resistance and are noisy.

markharry66

Über Member
Not sure how far you want to go there used to be something called e.a.r the are foam plugs you can put in your ear to stop noise or at least reduce them.
Having worked in the construction industry in the past they were supplied as part of ppe kit.

byegad

Legendary Member
Was anyone else hoping they would find a cure to the other type of wind noise some times made while biking?

:eek::shy:

I had beans last night...

:cheers:Congratulations!:cheers:

You win today's GUTTER prize. For services to the 'Every Thread to the Bottom' campaign.

Mentioned in the citation is the speed with which you dragged a perfectly sensible thread to the basics. Expect the prize through your letter box soon, if Royal Mail don't refuse to deliver it on health grounds!:laugh:

Top Bottom