Need Help for (biking) Wind Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When finding oneself in a hole. Stop digging!

On second thoughts I believe you, fartypants.
It gets worse on hill climbs...:whistle:

Tynan

Veteran
there's some noise inherent with moving at say 20mph but it sounds like an odd cycle helmet, any loose bits of trim on it etc?

i for one am rather keen on hearing what goes on around me when riding in traffic, a buff yes, I wear a skull cap with perforated ears in winter and it's makes a very loud roaring noise over the ears, seriously stupid

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Either don't wear a helmet or get your straps as tight as you can without strangling.

flappy straps add resistance and are noisy.
I have been suffering from the same problem as the OP recently. So bad in fact, that I think I have been getting hearing damage from it. I am hard of hearing at the best of times but my right ear has taken a battering on windy rides so far this year.

I tried tightening the straps on the helmet and ...

... that helped a lot! I did them up as tight as I would want them. Any tighter and they would annoy me. The turbulent buffeting has been reduced by about 50%. I am still getting the usual whistling sound, but I think pulling the buff up over my ears would reduce that to an acceptable level. (It didn't with loose straps, but I didn't fancy going back up the hill to try again with the buff!)

Does anyone in the forum have experience with something I can attach to my helmet to make wind noise less?

This question sounds suspiciously like part of the expensive marketing campaign for 2 bits of foam that you attach to your helmet straps. A bit like those TV adds for mysterious "women's" complaints that young women discus in trendy cafes a la Sex in the City.

Top Bottom