Need tips on setting up my 1940's Tour de France derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ridelover9941

Hey guys. I need some tips on setting up my 1940's Tour de France derailleur, as I've never set up one of these ''odd'' and ''different'' breed of animals; if you catch my drift. I know that this derailleur works with only three cogs in the rear, and I am wondering if it will work on my 80's Fuji S12-S LTD bike. If not, I'll just keep it in my collectibles parts bin just for the heck of it. Thanks!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm not too familiar with your derailleur from the forties but it all depends on how it attaches to the frame, if secures to a modern type hanger being part of the rear drop out you should be fine. You need to examine the unit and post a pic for further advice.

OP
OP
R

ridelover9941

My tour de france derailleur

Attachments

• MY TOUR DE FRANCE DERAILLEUR PICTURE 1.jpg
    MY TOUR DE FRANCE DERAILLEUR PICTURE 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 67

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You should be OK as the C shaped cut out in the bottom left of your pic just slots around your axle with the QR or axle nut but holding it in place.
You will also need a period changer mechanism to operate the mechanism although you may be able to use a modern one. Maybe someone else who has experience of these mechs can help on that.

OP
OP
R

ridelover9941

You should be OK as the C shaped cut out in the bottom left of your pic just slots around your axle with the QR or axle nut but holding it in place.
You will also need a period changer mechanism to operate the mechanism although you may be able to use a modern one. Maybe someone else who has experience of these mechs can help on that.
I do appreciate your help and efforts, sir. Thank you a bunch! :smile:

Top Bottom