Needs new Cycling goal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starthms

Hi all,

I had a Cycling goal for most of this year of doing the Velothon Wales, which I completed on Sunday.
5,34 moving time.
But now I am bit lost with out a Goal.

Thinking maybe do a race next year but i don't know about speed and stamina. don't really want to be last lol.
Maybe a bigger sportive but after 100 miles I think id just get bored.

What goals do peeps have for this year/ next interested to see maybe give me some ideas.
Info on me:
weight 81 kg
average 100 km a week

low to mid range road bike trek 1.5

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm doing the London-Surrey 100 in August.

There's a 600km audax this weekend...and other audaxes through the year

Or you could look at C2C, LEJOG or London-Paris or some other well ridden endurance ride.

You could give TT'ing a go, join a club, work through to the faster groups, all sorts

Or just ride more than 100km a week and get faster

The world is your lobster ultimately, doesn't have to be organised or done before

bpsmith

Veteran
I also did the Velothon on Sunday and feeling a tad flat right now. Cycling such a huge event, with 14,999 others on closed roads can do that to you. :smile:

I am toying with looking at TT'ing, as @vickster suggests. A mate, who does regular Tri's and Iron Man events, has suggested getting a 4 man team together. Just for the hell of it really. Does sound appealing I have to say.

ChrisEyles

Guru
A yearly mileage goal is a great idea. If you fancy it, you can also map out a 5/10/20 mile route on good open roads, and see how fast you can do it as a time trial.

Best of all though, just pick a few beauty spots a nice satisfying distance from home, and a load of villages en route, and go exploring - no satnav, garmin, strava etc allowed! Exploring new places and all the little villages and back roads I've never been to is by far the strongest motivator to get me out of bed on a Saturday morning :smile: It can be a welcome break from focussing on average speeds, mileages etc etc.

bpsmith

Veteran
I have a yearly target of 2,500 this year. Sitting at 1,386 so far.

Top Bottom