Nespresso Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
"After two years in development, RE:CYCLE, a stylish urban bicycle made from discarded Nespresso pods, is ready to roll. And it only takes 300 espressos to make one."

https://qz.com/1685111/a-swedish-bike-is-made-from-300-nespresso-coffee-pods/

Velosophy-53-Final.png

Cheers

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If it only takes 300 pods to make the bike, then not much of the bike is actually made from the pods. Would be interesting to know what percentahe is actually made from the pods.

There are plenty of applications of recycled aluminium that are not safety critical in the way a bicycle frame is. The ReCycle frame works in similar manner to a Hi Ten steel frame: we know this material is 3rd rate so we just use more of it.
I would rather keep using a bike frame for decades, made of the right formulation of Aluminium, and use recycled metal for food and drinks containers, or even more coffee pods.

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
I thought Nespresso pods were made from plastic, not aluminium.

Also, 'Re:cycle'... Is it fashionable now to slap random punctuation into names (looking at you Fi*z&ik), just as people used to put lower case letters in front of everything?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The ReCycle frame works in similar manner to a Hi Ten steel frame: we know this material is 3rd rate so we just use more of it.
I would rather keep using a bike frame for decades, made of the right formulation of Aluminium.

I'd also rather use a bike frame for decades (come to think of it all mine are at least two decades old already, some getting on for five decades), which is why I avoid the use of aluminium altogether and stick with steel. Nothing wrong with hi-tensile either; it actually has some advantages such as not denting easily if a bike falls over because the walls are not drawn super-thin. For a pure utility bike, hi-tensile is an ideal frame material.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nespresso tastes every bit as good. In terms of wastefulness it's no differnent to soft drink cans, and I'm sure you've never ever swigged one of those.

I rather doubt Nespresso tastes as good as coffee made in a moka pot, which creates little waste and costs (literally) beans. It's a weird, wasteful solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Exactly. With all the money saved on not using those daft things you could buy a real quality bike in no time.

Nespresso tastes every bit as good. In terms of wastefulness it's no differnent to soft drink cans, and I'm sure you've never ever swigged one of those.
Can't remember the last time I clicked open a soft drinks can drago.
But my daily espresso intake is a thing to behold.

U

User169

I rather doubt Nespresso tastes as good as coffee made in a moka pot, which creates little waste and costs (literally) beans. It's a weird, wasteful solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Putting aside taste, nespresso is environmentally more sound than a moka pot.

Top Bottom