Netflix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
it's crap init?. You spend so long looking for something good to watch that you're too knackered to watch it. Haven't been on for 2 months and nothing new on it.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I use it for watching series rather than films so me and SWMBO are working our way through Breaking Bad and 24 from the start.

D

Deleted member 26715

I signed up in the first week it was available, cancelled it almost immediately as it was totally crap. The US version is a little better, just worked out there for a month & had it for free, but even there it is full of old stuff.
Other one that gets me they charge the same $ rate as per £ rate another episode of rip-off Britain. Wonder if as all the servers are not UK based they pay not tax over here as well.

Alan...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
it's crap init?. You spend so long looking for something good to watch that you're too knackered to watch it. Haven't been on for 2 months and nothing new on it.

Are you talking about netflix or tv and channel surfing in general there ^_^?

I think netflix is all right and certainly so compared to other vod offerings over the years. If one is bored of netflix one may be bored of tv in general - which is fine and dandy.

nappadang

Über Member
I was thinking of subscribing but views on here don't seem too favourable.
I have have Sky On Demand, can anyone give me a comparison of the two?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I was thinking of subscribing but views on here don't seem too favourable.
I have have Sky On Demand, can anyone give me a comparison of the two?

Phaeton posted an even more ranty version a year ago. He's not been on it for a very long time. Seems a bit odd posting such strong feelings about a service you've not used in such a long time though and did for such a short period of time. But there you go.

Ultimately I can't persuade anyone about netflix because a lot of it is expectations and related to money people spend on other things like sky,virgin and the tv licence. A lot of people want to reduce their outgoings and have a service where everything is all in one, instantaneously broadcast into their brain, with micropayments, has a library of everything ever made including stuff made in the future and also makes their toast for them. Such a service doesn't exist. I think people seem to spend more on tv services than people want but seem reluctant to change and ditch the tv/Sky. I think there is an element of choice overload and boredom as with many of these things.

Netflix is better than various other vod offerings down the years such as virgin, sony stuff, bt vision and early days of sky. Sky has improved though. If you want to try netflix I would say what do you watch and simply advise you to look at the lists of catalogue stuff. They do add to their catalogue (and the sharp eyed will notice stuff gets removed too). Ultimately the US service which you can get is better.

The UK netflix UI got a refresh recently. The UI varied by device - streaming box, ps3, ps4, xbox 360, mobile phone, PC. The new UI on my xbox is vastly better than the original one that ran from January 2012 till November 2013. The old one was very slow, clunky and unwieldy. Had it been like that originally I'd have never got my streaming box.

U

User6179

I had a month free offer on UK Netflix but after looking to see what they had decided not to bother , Imo the best value is to buy 2nd hand box sets off Ebay and watch them and sell them on , I have a better collection of films and TV dramas than Netflix have :smile:

nappadang

Über Member
Phaeton posted an even more ranty version a year ago. He's not been on it for a very long time. Seems a bit odd posting such strong feelings about a service you've not used in such a long time though and did for such a short period of time. But there you go.

Ultimately I can't persuade anyone about netflix because a lot of it is expectations and related to money people spend on other things like sky,virgin and the tv licence. A lot of people want to reduce their outgoings and have a service where everything is all in one, instantaneously broadcast into their brain, with micropayments, has a library of everything ever made including stuff made in the future and also makes their toast for them. Such a service doesn't exist. I think people seem to spend more on tv services than people want but seem reluctant to change and ditch the tv/Sky. I think there is an element of choice overload and boredom as with many of these things.

Netflix is better than various other vod offerings down the years such as virgin, sony stuff, bt vision and early days of sky. Sky has improved though. If you want to try netflix I would say what do you watch and simply advise you to look at the lists of catalogue stuff. They do add to their catalogue (and the sharp eyed will notice stuff gets removed too). Ultimately the US service which you can get is better.

The UK netflix UI got a refresh recently. The UI varied by device - streaming box, ps3, ps4, xbox 360, mobile phone, PC. The new UI on my xbox is vastly better than the original one that ran from January 2012 till November 2013. The old one was very slow, clunky and unwieldy. Had it been like that originally I'd have never got my streaming box.
Thanks mate, that's a pretty in depth analysis. Much appreciated, all the best for the New Year

With the demise of the local Blockbuster I've considered Netflix, but really don't like the subscription idea - generally only time any of us has time to watch a movie is during (school) holidays. I'm also not keen on buying more movies - there's a cupboard full of them already.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
i think its ok for box set series but i never really have time to watch those but I'm not impressed with the film collection at all. :sad: