Never lend your Bike to Anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
I think your 'mate' requires a visit from mister 2"x4" :angry:

or mister 4x4 at speed and with bullbars

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

I blame myself and my mate more than i do my mates mate as he only did what he is genetically programmed to do. My mates got nothing worth stealing - literally as ive checked many times.:thumbsup:

You lent your bike to someone? Are you crazy? Isn't that like 'lending' your girlfriend to someone?

Its f*** all like lending your girlfriend to someone! If someone nicks your bike its gonna cost you a few. If someone nicks your girlfriend its gonna save you a few.

sabian92

Über Member
Yesterday lent my new bike that i recently showcased here on ccf to a mate of one of the blokes i share a house with. I was not really comfortable with the idea from the start as the mate is the kind of guy whod just disappear with the bike but as things generally operate on the basis anyone can use anything of anybodys i reluctantly said ok with the predictable result that my mates mate took no care, rode of with the bungee straps hanging down , ripped out a load of spokes , buckled the wheel and also managed to get the seat completly loose so my new bike is now completely soiled in my eyes.
So i dont think id lend my bike to anyone now.

How did he even manage to rip out spokes?

I'd be either invoicing him for destroying your bike or nicking enough of his stuff to sell to repair it all.

What a tw@t.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'd be on at the mate to settle up the damage and then he can get it back off his mate!

Must admit I wouldn't lend out to someone I didn't know or trust but I did do some welding for a mate of a mate as a job and still haven't been paid since March!

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
From the crossbar of my Spesh...............
007-3.jpg

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

I'd be on at the mate to settle up the damage and then he can get it back off his mate!

Must admit I wouldn't lend out to someone I didn't know or trust but I did do some welding for a mate of a mate as a job and still haven't been paid since March!

To be honest these mates and mates of mates arnt the kind to take responsibility or be trusted and trying to get them to take responsibility for it would be a hiding to nothing. I knew this when i lent it so really i just have to take responsibility for my owm stupidity, hopefully learn the lesson and not let it happen again.

RoyPSB

Über Member
What kind of person damages someone else's property and then doesn't expect/offer to pay?

I'd find some new mates if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom