Never lend your Bike to Anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Hang on - they wrecked your bike, you stole their stuff and flogged it on Ebay?
FFS.

Dunno about never lend your bike to anyone, but I wouldn't lend a tyre-lever to you!!

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Note to self, never cross MissTillyFlop.

Damn straight! I will not in any way say "it's ok" meekly and then get in bed and cry. Unless you are my brother, in which case I would throw your original copy of sticky fingers out of the fourth floor window. (true story!)

Some people would pay good money for that.

Yes. My flat mate found this out when she joined Gumtree dating :ohmy:

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

Are these mates young males - like students ? Don't sound responsible at all. I have never lent my bikes to anyone, ever. Not even clubmates - no-one ever rode someone else's bike - it went as far as picking them up for weight and pinging the tubes. :thumbsup:

I'd expect them to replace the wheel in this case.

The only time I nearly killed a clubmate was when in the Isle of Mann on my brand new bike, with full Dura Ace. The front downtube shifter on SIS levers doesn't sit flush with the tube, always remains partly raised - SIS was brand new then, and he forced the lever - which knackered the stop within the lever - I very nearly killed him. Fortunately I was able to repair the stop with superglue and a bit of plastic, and it's not needed touching in 20 years.

Yes all males of varying ages and not responsible at all but not students , theyre not that bad :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

Hang on - they wrecked your bike, you stole their stuff and flogged it on Ebay?
FFS.

Dunno about never lend your bike to anyone, but I wouldn't lend a tyre-lever to you!!

Sometimes i think people take materialism far to seriously to the point that it decays their essential human spirituality.

VamP

Banned
Its f*** all like lending your girlfriend to someone! If someone nicks your bike its gonna cost you a few. If someone nicks your girlfriend its gonna save you a few.

In a bizarre twist on this theme, I regularly lend (one of) my bikes to my girlfriend. So far it's coming up a zero-sum game. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

What, and you don't, to the point of committing theft? Or am I being vindictive once again?

Have you been vindictive before cubist ?
What i meant was we lay far to much emphasis on things , materialistic concerns often to the point where thought of the underlying humanitarian and spiritual considerations are entirely overlooked.
Just look at the legal system that you work for it notoriously punishes crimes against property far more harshly than crimes against the person.
Steal a pair of trainers and you get jailed , kill someone through dangerous driving and 2 years suspended.
Also is it stealing if the bloke dont realise its gone ?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Have you been vindictive before cubist ?
What i meant was we lay far to much emphasis on things , materialistic concerns often to the point where thought of the underlying humanitarian and spiritual considerations are entirely overlooked.
Just look at the legal system that you work for it notoriously punishes crimes against property far more harshly than crimes against the person.
Steal a pair of trainers and you get jailed , kill someone through dangerous driving and 2 years suspended.
Also is it stealing if the bloke dont realise its gone ?

Says the bloke who nicks his "mates'" stuff to make a quick buck on Ebay.

Cubist

Still wavin'
SO you are excusing theft because the owner doesn't realise it's been stolen? Once again, I'm not going to debate this with you, but simply point out that however you dress it up, and however you rail against the legal system, you nevertheless have committed a crime. Your cavalier and dishonest attitude towards your housemates' clothing has been amply repaid by what one of them has done to your bike. If you are asking us to sympathise with you, then you are dreadfully misguided.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
New bike
lent to mate
mate accidently causes damage
steal mates stuff to sell on Ebay

What great friends huh?

OP
OP
apollo179

apollo179

SO you are excusing theft because the owner doesn't realise it's been stolen? Once again, I'm not going to debate this with you, but simply point out that however you dress it up, and however you rail against the legal system, you nevertheless have committed a crime. Your cavalier and dishonest attitude towards your housemates' clothing has been amply repaid by what one of them has done to your bike. If you are asking us to sympathise with you, then you are dreadfully misguided.

It dosnt surprise me that you dont sympathise with me over my damaged bike because you have already admitted to being a nasty vindictive individual.
I do find it a bit concerning that somebody as vindictive and narrow mindedly intolerant as you works in the police but its your decent colleagues i feel sympathy for.
You call it theft i call taking it without asking and when you turn up and kick the door in with your size 10 jackboots my mate will say i was fine to take it anyway so go and waste the tax payers money harrasing inocent human rights protesters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom