Never mind the rain, what about the Spam shortage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Try B&M. A veritable emporium of Spam.
And a new (to me) brand of Marmite.. Extra Old.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Try B&M. A veritable emporium of Spam.
And a new (to me) brand of Marmite.. Extra Old.

View attachment 569768
Bought Mrs Skol a jar of that as a Christmas present a couple of years ago. I think it was sold in a small presentation box?

I can't stand the stuff but as the kind, generous, loving husband that I am I tolerate its presence in the house for her.....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Who still eats Spam?
I doubt I’ve eaten it since I was 10 years old.
I’ve moved on to humus and quinoa.
I do, and am not ashamed to admit it!
Whilst on occasions I slice and fry it, or dice and fry it and add to baked-beans for a dirty lunch or to make a poor man's cassoulet, I like it best just cold and sliced. Salty, savoury loveliness. Nice in a sarnie with Branston. ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Who still eats Spam?
I doubt I’ve eaten it since I was 10 years old.

I know. Horrible stuff. We used to make corn beef hash for a 'change' but not even bought corn beef in years.

One of those 'guilty food secrets'. Probably all the old folks buying it. MIL used to buy loads of UHT milk, just in case. She had month's supply of the stuff. Never drank it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never mind SPAM, what about carrots ?

I bought the last two packets of them at weekend, and only because they were posh chantenay carrots - there has been a shortage for weeks.

Milk was a bit short too !

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Spam fried rice. Kids love it.
Dice and fry one or two large tins of spam depending on amount of servings required. Boil some lightly salted rice in a large pan for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes start boiling some frozen peas and sweetcorn for another 5 minutes. During this time whisk a few eggs in a bowl or jug. Once the rice has cooked for the full 10 minutes drain it and put to one side. Drain the peas/sweetcorn. Return the empty rice pan to the heat and add a glug of cooking oil. Pour in the whisked eggs and scramble until it is no longer runny. Tip in the cooked Spam, rice and peas/sweetcorn then gently stir until the ingredients are well mixed and any oil or juice from the eggs or Spam pan has coated the rice.

Serve.

:hungry:

The good thing is, you can be quite generous with the peas and sweetcorn and the kids don't seem to notice. Excellent if you are struggling to get '5 a day' into them :okay:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Spam fried rice. Kids love it.
Dice and fry one or two large tins of spam depending on amount of servings required. Boil some lightly salted rice in a large pan for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes start boiling some frozen peas and sweetcorn for another 5 minutes. During this time whisk a few eggs in a bowl or jug. Once the rice has cooked for the full 10 minutes drain it and put to one side. Drain the peas/sweetcorn. Return the empty rice pan to the heat and add a glug of cooking oil. Pour in the whisked eggs and scramble until it is no longer runny. Tip in the cooked Spam, rice and peas/sweetcorn then gently stir until the ingredients are well mixed and any oil or juice from the eggs or Spam pan has coated the rice.

Serve.

:hungry:

The good thing is, you can be quite generous with the peas and sweetcorn and the kids don't seem to notice. Excellent if you are struggling to get '5 a day' into them :okay:

You are Heston Blumenthal AICMFP.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I had enough spam when I was out in the desert with Monty to do me a lifetime:sad:.
No if you were a Desert Rat and served with Monty , it was a can of Bully ( corned beef) not that dreadful American spam. My Dad told me the Yank’s loved our Bully , you could trade a whole lorry load of spam for one can of Bully Beef .

Top Bottom