new aldi's cycle stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
think i will skip it

went down last time for some of their sports garments they had in and bought 2

bigger than the right size just in case , one was very tight and the other one was about 2 sizes to small even thought they had the same size label in them .

Just bought 2 trouser from wiggle for a tenner each i can wear my lycra underneath

dodgy

The prices have crept up, too. I am sure I bought my overshoes and skull cap for about a fiver last time.
I won't be bothering, I never wear any of the kit I've bought from there in the past. I'd rather watch out for bargains as they come up at CRC, Probikekit etc, I've got some real quality stuff recently for not a lot of money (relatively).

grimpeur

Veteran
Agree that the softshell jackets and the winter gloves are very good for the money.jackets have windproof inserts and definitely worth £15 of anyone's money.

Cking

grimpeur said:
Agree that the softshell jackets and the winter gloves are very good for the money.jackets have windproof inserts and definitely worth £15 of anyone's money.

I used the gloves last winter and found my thumbs got very numb. On closed examination I found that the thumb bit was not wind proof! Must replace them soon!

Rgds Cking

spiro

dodgy said:
The overshoes will last you about a dozen rides, they get torn as there is no reinforcement in the areas that are likely to come into contact with the ground.
Guess that wont be a problem for trike riders so might invest in a pair.

MajorMantra

grimpeur said:

I seem to have messed up on sizing so I have a couple of the softshell jackets available from the last sale if anyone's interested. They are black (with white bits and reflectives on sleeves and back) size Small (34-36in chest) and completely unused - 1 still has tags. Yours for £11 posted each or £21 posted for both.

Anyone?

Matthew

Garz

Squat Member
satans budgie said:
Over shoes are IMO OK for dry and moderately cold conditions. I do not think they would be of much use in sub zero conditions not substantial enough. They are a bit on the loose side. The hat is great value worth spending 6.99 for it alone.

Cheers +2!

potsy

Rambler
Will be popping in to Aldi for 1st time ever tomorrow:smile:

Tony B

Well I got a pair of longs medium [I am a 30ins waist and 33in inside leg, shame no zips at the bottom] they fit perfectly, waterproof jacket medium, LS shirt [guess] and gloves xl, it seems the gloves are on the small size again, no shoes as they are a product recall according to the girl at the checkout [who is a cyclist]. Very surprised as I got there for 9am opening two other cyclist turned up, the words dung and flies came to mind :angry:

i was at my local at 8.55 and there were about a dozen or so folk waiting!!! problem was they didn't have the windproof jacket at ours :angry: so that's OH zooming around to find one.... got gloves, socks, hat (because someone on here gave the pack a thumbs up just for the hat), wicking shirt

yes dung and flies sprung to mine too! me also being a fly :sad:

zizou

Veteran
very busy at mine too, got there about 10 minutes after opening and there was already about 20 odd people either buying stuff or trying stuff on :angry:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
The offer in Germany starts on 21st September, and like the UK they are not selling bib longs this time. Great pity, though they do have a sort of vest to accompany the tights. The tights/trousers are softshell like the jacket, is this really good at keeping the cold Siberian winds out?

xroads

Only a few at the 9am opening time at my local. Got 2 pairs of winter jerseys and 2 pairs of leggings in my size and a pair of gloves. Good quality stuff as I have been buying these every year, and they are still wearing well and fit really well. Now have 4 sets to get me through the winter weeks.
I would watch the sizing labels, as they can sometimes be wrong.
Didnt intend to buy gloves, but at £5 not bad as a backup pair.
No SPD pedals either.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not been in yet - will have a wander into the village at lunch and look at the arm band thingy's and the winter socks. Might take a look at the thermal under top !

Anyone thinking of buying the waterproof trousers - they are good - been using mine for a year for the really heavy rain - they don't let a drop in and contribute to keeping feet dry. Socks are good too - had a pair for the last year. Might take a look at the thermal under top !

The overshoes are lightweight though - OK on damp mornings for keeping spray off, but no good in rain, but I've got some decent overshoes for that.

Top Bottom