new aldi's cycle stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i noticed that the base layers had been taken off the website (they do this if a supply problem is anticipated); but they had them in the macc store and i got a top base layer as well as some reflective bands.

was disappointed to find that the hrm was not the integrated-with-computer version that they've done before, so i passed on that.

ACS

Legendary Member
Got to the one in St Andrews just after nine, not a lot of stock either that of the students had already raided the place which I doubt given that the Telly Tubbies had not finished on CBBC.

The High Viz jacket = boil in bag so did not bother but I did get a pair of waterproof trousers for emergencies when commuting.

Got a pair of bib longs to try, 3 pairs of socks and a thermal top, always useful.

The winter gloves appeared to be of intermediate quality and I doubt they would be great at protecting hands from the lower temperatures.

Compared to previous promotions I think the quality of the goods has been reduced taken in conjunction with the increase in prices I feel that the question of Value for Money should be considered.

killiekosmos

Veteran
Just about 10 of each garment in my local and half-a-dozen customers. Sizing peculiar as usual bur stuff seemed OK as lonk as tried on for size.

jasonmccullum

Über Member
got a pair of winter gloves and a winter cycling shirt and jacket.. well happy with them... might go a get another set later. they seem reasonable quality for the price

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Pair of the RonHill style trousers, a long sleeve top and a hat/overshoe set for me. Still plenty left in the Stirling branch although there were a number of cyclist types there.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Plenty left in Didsbury store - even a BC car coming out of the car park....

Just 1 pair of socks, 1 x compression base layer (left over from previous offers although only a few thermals left - mainly L and XL) and those arm bands £3.99 for 4 is pretty not bad.

The waterproof jacket's looked OK if in the market for a cheap waterproof. Plenty of reflective strips etc - I didn't bother as my waterproof is fine.

l4dva

Guru
I just got myself a soft shell jacket... it says it is waterproof but im not so sure about that. As long as it is breathable ill be happy

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
l4dva said:
I just got myself a soft shell jacket... it says it is waterproof but im not so sure about that. As long as it is breathable ill be happy

A guy at work got one too. I was tempted, they looked like they'd be warm but I've already got a windproof which I can make warmer by layering up beneath it.

colinr

The softshells are similar to the ones earlier this year. They're fine in a light shower but waterproof is definitely a fib. I picked one up anyway, I like my current one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I got bought a red softshell some months back (loads of reflective bits on it) - not used it yet, but looks like they will be fine in the cooler months. For the really cold stuff, I'll break out the windproof thermal.

Top Bottom